Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie Knows Nothing...

tilux

ive recently bought an hilux surf ssrx 3.0 litre diesel automatic

it's an import and theres a couple of things that have baffled me can anyone help??

1st theres a red button by gear stick with some japanese writing next to it what does thihs do??

and theres also an ect button witch say normal and power any idea's please???

red button allows you to get it out of gear in a breakdown situation.

ect power keeps the gear longer for acceleration normal is for economy .

nuff said . :lol:

just another quickie

on the side of the gear stick theres a button thats marked o/d does anyone know what this mean??

plus if i had to jump someone how would i go about it as ive got two batteries??

thanks peeps

It disables overdrive, AKA 4th gear.

Not wishing to sound Rude, but if you searched you would find the answer as this question has been asked hundreds of times and the answer is the same for all auto jap imports!

use any Battery , it wont matter .the surf can even run using 1 Battery ,though starting may be a bit slow.

My surf only has one Battery anyway! - the twin Battery was an option as part of the "winter pack"

My surf only has one battery anyway! - the twin battery was an option as part of the "winter pack"

mine also has rear heater for passengers , but no fuel filter heater Grrrrrr !!!!!

it would of been good to have it for starting in the colder weather using wvo .

Thats odd, I thought the rear heater, second Battery and filter heater were all part of the same deal, in an "all or nothing" package....

I wanted the winter pack on mine :( and an intercooler.... but hey ho...

has yours got the load cover in the back then ?, i noticed you got the rear roof spoiler also , nice touch.

Yup, has that, along with the climate control, spoiler with rear reversing mirror, lockable middle diff, and compass/barometer :D

middle diff lock up is a god send. i nearly sunk my surf a few months back on the local beach with an incomming tide.

a 2 bit suzuki sj worth about £ 50 yanked me out. god the embarrasment. :blush:

1 good thing mine has got is a bimpta cert showing 9575 miles when auctioned , and the condition it arrived in its believeable .You could eat lunch off the engine it was sooo clean . like it just come off toyotas production line.

its now got 25,000 km and drives like new. AWESOME.