Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Karma Supra

Apparently, according to the EUI Database, a Hilux Surf or 4Runner is a "commercial vehicle"

-This means that if you are insured in one fully comp they will not cover you to drive other vehicles!

im with liverpool victoria - fully comp with 8 years nc , 2 sp30's , unlimited claims and no claims protected , £ 250 excess also off road cover , £ 401 a year .

i also agree total bollax.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry to dig up an old thread but who ever told you that was talking a load of :censor: ,

i got my surf fully comp £500py im 28 with no ncb i can drive any vehicle not owned by me on 3rd party :thumbsup:

try going to MCM they do like for like replacement on any mods wich is good if you get a hks turbo :D

hope this helps :yahoo:

Apparently, according to the EUI Database, a Hilux Surf or 4Runner is a "commercial vehicle"

-This means that if you are insured in one fully comp they will not cover you to drive other vehicles!

Tosh!

A commercial has no side glass behind the driver, IE Hiace van=Commercial, When the hilux double cab came to this country, the fleet world were up in arms, you could not get the VAT back on one of them as it was not a commercial, it had glass behind the driver, not sure what happened since then! Take a look within the links below. Its the HM revenue and customs who decide if its a commercial or car

Look up converting your car to/from a commercial vehicle

At least that is my old fashioned simplistic way of translating it, lol

KIngo :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I told them that they are wrong, but they basicly said tough *****, they are not going to change it for me.

Interesting they also classed a 4runner as a commercial, - but not a landcruiser collerado taht has the same chassis and running gear...

Ho Hum.

very strange about the surf?? hilux pickups are obviously classed as commercial, and i think the double cabs to be classed as commercial have to be able to carry a certain payload.

When i tried to insure my pickup with budget they said toyota never made a 2.2 petrol pickup!!!! Even after me telling them all the years of production diffrent mark models and the fact i run the owners club they just wouldnt have it!!!! when i gave them the registration they said i must have it wrong because there computers said it didnt exist!

just try round diffrent insurance companies, some of then are plain stupid! Adrian flux for example problerly has the best coverage of all vehicals a freind of mine has insured all sorts of weird rare cars with them and not had a problem.

Yup I am fully aware of having a car that "doesn't exist" - that what everyone tried to tell me when I wanted to insure a targa top '88 supra 2.0 twin turbo lol..

What winds me up is no one seems willing to make any effort in correcting their database.

• 1 month later...

adrian flux - £362 fully comp , nc protected . 9 years nc , 2 sp30's. breakdown cover optional at £45 a year extra.

excess of £ 150 accidental

£75 windscreen

thats me well chuffed for the next 12 months.

I'll give them a go come next renewal!

I'll give them a go come next renewal!

I got my insurance thru a broker caller "Express insurance" they got me fully comp,with 6yrs protected NCB,no excess on windscreen replacement,

£100 ecxess on any claim and that's underwritten by an insurance company called "Groupama" and all for £279.

If Anyone wants to call them the number is:-0845 330 3351

I also got a £45 reduction for having a cat1 alarm/immobilisor fitted

Good luck,,,,,,it's a jungle out there

Cheers

Paul

adrian flux - £362 fully comp , nc protected . 9 years nc , 2 sp30's. breakdown cover optional at £45 a year extra.

excess of £ 150 accidental

£75 windscreen

thats me well chuffed for the next 12 months.

CANCELLED QUOTE - company is trinity lane based in MALTA ?? flux tried to screw me for 25£ admin , even though the policy didnt start till 26th november - YEAH RIGHT !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
:thumbsup: I do my 2.4 surf through lifesure £267 fully comp They said to me on the phone they will do all jap imports and they were very helpful and the man at lifesure knew a lot about the car and told me a few sites for spares aswell.

All imports??

Might give them a go with the supra then :)

you wanna try privilge insurance they quoted me on a 2.4 turbo diesel at £484 fully comp at the age of 23 and it cocers greenlane

• 1 month later...
you wanna try privilge insurance they quoted me on a 2.4 turbo diesel at £484 fully comp at the age of 23 and it cocers greenlane

I'm with Chaucer for three years now,latest renewal premium £252 fully comp,9years protected no claims.On a 2.4 Hilux Surf.

£150 damage excess

£150 fire and theft excess

They're in Whitstable,Kent.

Tel: 0870 60 60 587 B)

Hi

stumbled across this topic....

I have used Footman James Classic Car policy multi-vehicle, for obvious reasons wi a clutch o ancient wrecks...

when we did the RAV conversion, they approached it helpfully - better than most others I tried cos there isn't anything much like it in Europe.

Then when I added a 2nd RAV with same mods, it cost me another £20!

And I added 3 drivers (3/4 of family) for nought but £15 admin -

The policy costs me less than £400 for 6 cars

Getting rid of the minibus cos of insurance costs - £600!! TPFT

Have had bother with AXA Breakdown cover right enuf - shower of plonkers.

• 2 weeks later...

;)

I have mine insured with L & V and there was no mension of this.??

Are L & V underwritten by EUI???

• 1 month later...

i got mine through churchill 300 fully comp ,protected ncd,9yrs,

with a 2.5 d4d double cab pick up truck with the wife as a named driver ,

on a 54 plate.

AND ITS UNDER MY OLD CAR POLICY NOT AS COMMERCIAL TRUCK.

NO VOLUNTRY EXCESS,150 EXCESS ,

60 WINDSCREEN COVER .

GIVE THEM A TRY

Im with sureterm direct, i live in london and pay £360 this get me fully comp and a courtesy car should i need

it, im also allowed to drive any other car.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know who the underwriters are and don't really care. I have a certificate saying Fully comp , S.D&Pleasure and the use of other vehicles with owners permission. At the bottom of the policy it says exclusions Hiring or Commercial traveling (so i'm guessing they don't class it as a comm vehicle

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links