Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Warning Light

The Tvis Kid

My gen 5 celicas oil warning light keeps coming on and off. Its the orange one by the rev counter, it has a wavey line underneath it. I assumed this was an oil level warning light but when i checked the dip stick there was plenty in there. This leads me to think that either the dip stick is crap for reading (although can't really see why), the sensor has gone faulty or the light means something else. There is also another red oil can light that comes on when you start the car, i think this one is for oil pressure? but it goes off after asecond or so.

The oil was last changed around 5K ago so i was gonna change it and see if that made a difference but can't really see why it would. If it is the sensor, how hard is it to replace?

My gen 5 celicas oil warning light keeps coming on and off. Its the orange one by the rev counter, it has a wavey line underneath it. I assumed this was an oil level warning light but when i checked the dip stick there was plenty in there. This leads me to think that either the dip stick is crap for reading (although can't really see why), the sensor has gone faulty or the light means something else. There is also another red oil can light that comes on when you start the car, i think this one is for oil pressure? but it goes off after asecond or so.

The oil was last changed around 5K ago so i was gonna change it and see if that made a difference but can't really see why it would. If it is the sensor, how hard is it to replace?

It'll be a faulty sensor. Common problem. I prefer to check the oil myself rather than rely on an unreliable sensor. I disconnected mine. :D

amen to that, dak :)

these sensors are unreliable on most cars- if you check your level manually on a regular basis, then ignore or disconnect :)

I must admit tho the one on mine has been excellent- whenever it flickers on, the level is getting towards the minimum.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links