old timer

25 members have voted

1. 1. BEST LAGER THIS CHRISTMAS

• STELLA
    • KRONEBURG
    • HEINEKEN lager
    • foster lager
    • CARLING LAGER

well, being a beer conneseuir i'll give you a detailed break down of the choices available...

Stella - the all time favourite, potent and tastey.. only it can get a little repetitive without variety :D :thumbsup:

Kronenburg - A nice mix of flavour and strength, a sure fire alternative to stella! :)

Heineken - Hmmm... it's ok I suppose, tastes a little weak.. similar to miller <_<

Fosters - Even the Australians don't drink this stuff!!! Although on student nights it is 1 quid a pint! :hokus-pokus:

Carling - This can be absolutely foul from cans, and it's rarely any good on draught.. Carling cold from a good pump though is spot on! :thumbsup:

Now to add a few of my own to the poll;

Lowenbrau - German lager (u might have guessed), great taste, strong as stella and it's a little different and a little more exclusive :thumbsup:

Staropramen - Czech lager so as you might imagine it's pretty damn good, divine stuff best served in a tall Continental glass :thumbsup:

Hoegarden - Aquired taste, White lager (means unfermented) to give a very different taste... it's not for everyone! I do like it now and again :thumbsup:

voted for a negitive option,stella is a drink for people who think that paying a bit more means your getting a top rate larger,bollo :censor: ks,its a second rate beer at the best,my sister drinks that muck,and she's an alcopop addict :lol: larger is only something you drink if your a lightweight or you cant afford top notch spirits :lol:

for an "OLD TIMER" i would have thought you would be a bit more hardcore than larger or beer :lol::lol::lol:

saying that haveing two or three beers is fine,once you move onto a real drink for the rest of the night :thumbsup:

i prefer bitter actually worthingtons creamflow (call me an old man) but its smoother than lager i movon to vodka red bull afta bout 4 pints tho :beer:

so you're a JD & coke man srd? :rolleyes:

oh yes,but all kinds of exiotic spirits gets the old pulse raceing,dont get me wrong beers are fine but if you really want a merry christmass try the spirit cabinet :thumbsup:

Go anf get you mitts ona bottle of HOEGAARDEN.

(very few pubs do it, but its cropping up) most tescos do it tho!!!!!

its a pale cloudy wheat beer (aka weitzen beir, heil, mit hafe) (appologys for my want tuentonic spelling ;))

just try it :thumbsup:

prefer bitter actually worthingtons creamflow (call me an old man) but its smoother than lager i movon to vodka red bull afta bout 4 pints tho 

i'm a firm beliver.......larger is only for peeps who live south of the watford gap......need i say any more..........eight pints of larger or two pints of timothy taylors landord which has the same effect......i know which one i'd rather pay for..........

yeah yeah i know what your all thinking "&#33;Removed&#33; northern monkey" and i dont care :thumbsup: :group-cuddles:

Beer is good up north!!!!!

breakspears bitter used to be nice.. its 'orrid now..... not to long ago I had a pint of bitter in yorkshire... was fantastic :D down here its grim :wacko:

in a pub I'll usually stick to guinness :thumbsup: bitter has been too dodgey lately.. ona campsite I'll drink lager as its the only thing that tastes no worse out of the can ;)

Karma, you should try the guiness in Dublin.. specifically the guiness factory. I've never had guiness that good before, and rightly so! :o

I posted up top about hoe gaarden as well, it means white lager. We get it in a few pubs up here :thumbsup:

old timer the poll king strikes again!

gone for stella but im a shots man meself

vodka and fine strong whiskys are my favours!

:thumbsup:

I have had the guinness in dublin... ;) and I have had it on the brewary tour... the guinness in germany is actually the best, as its 5%.. the irish boys used to get posted there for a few month.. then come back home and fine what they were used too wasn't as good :(

we used to have a bar at home with proper daught guinness :D

murphys schmurthys :P

:lol::lol::lol: I've had guinnes in cork tho ;)

murphys schmurthys :P

:lol::lol::lol: I've had guinnes in cork tho ;)

yeah you can get the lot here mate :lol::lol::lol:

my buddy swears by bemish :P

they are all copies ;)

prefer beamish to murphys... but guinness is best :)

come to cork and have the best stout in the land a creamy pint of murphys :P

Problem with that is the monkeys on the door won't let you in to try it :crybaby:

Oi wheres the bud?????

Its the biggest selling lager in bottles in the world.

I love a bud been helpful in a few great nights

Oh and how can you call Heineken and Fosters lager??

More like lemonade shandy!!!!!

bud is weak, it's ok for a couple of bottles... pints of bud just don't taste right!

after that it's just like eating yeast, ewww.

give me a proper european lager anyday :thumbsup::lol:

The litre bottles of Amstell i bought whilst on holiday in Holland certainly hit the spot :beer: :D

About £8 for 18 bottles and it gets even better, once you have drunk them take the bottles back and they give you a £3.50 refund. What a result!!!! :lol: