Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Dreaded Rear Window

peterlomas

anyone know how i can get the rear window down so i can open the tailgate on my 93 surf, it,s not working on either internal switch or the key., ?????????????????

You need to crawl into the back and remove the tailgate trim, then release the motor from the winder part.

Sorry to jump in on conversation :blushing: but rear window on my 1990 Surf does everything it should EXCEPT open off the key from outside i have removed the said panel have checked for loose/disconnected/broken wires rattled everything but still no joy what now :huh:

As above...........the winder assembly will be seized up, you will need a new mechanism and possibly a motor

Kingo :thumbsup:

As above...........the winder assembly will be seized up, you will need a new mechanism and possibly a motor

But the window goes up and down no probs from the button inside the car :huh:

CHANCES ARE THE ANSWER WAS TO THE POST ABOVE YOURS MATE. maybe the switch/RELAY is knackered , pop over to hiluxsurf.co.uk lots being broken on there ,you may get a rear door switch cheap enough.

or contact demondodger AKA paul.keubik@ntlworld.com or telephone 07930379698 he's currently breaking a 1995 surf - TOP FELLA HE IS TOO.

CHANCES ARE THE ANSWER WAS TO THE POST ABOVE YOURS MATE. maybe the switch/RELAY is knackered , pop over to hiluxsurf.co.uk lots being broken on there ,you may get a rear door switch cheap enough.

or contact demondodger AKA paul.keubik@ntlworld.com or telephone 07930379698 he's currently breaking a 1995 surf - TOP FELLA HE IS TOO.

Thats what i get for butting in i suppose :( thanks again for advice and while we are at it as you (GT4 BOOSTER) seem to be very knowledgable and probably have a strip down diagram could you please identify the other object in my recent post (Anyone identify this?) thanks ;)

Aaah, you didn't say that in your posting! lol, but I think your question may now have been answered. The 4 runner/surf rear windows were always seizing up, usually it was the window regulator. Kingo :thumbsup:

• 13 years later...

Same to my surf sometimes down the have interval time wait few minutes  then down again 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links