Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wanting A Celica

kittyb4u

ok female 21 been driving for a year in jan then i can get my celica

at the moment i have a ford ka 1.3 lol

yes i am missing a fair few steps up the car range but i really want one

really thinking about getting 2.0GT between 96-99 i cant get the brand new ones because i dont have the money

now i really want it on yellow but noone does it so its either silver or black

and tips or adivce how is the fuel cost

cheers

23 mpg , a bit more if doing 56 mph constant.

you can get yellow celicas , but they are hard to find. here's 4 for sale http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_...earch_full.y=15

i'd opt for the silver as black is a dog to keep clean.

I get 26 mpg around town in my 94/95 6th gen 2.0 GT - it obviously improves on a Motorway run - the post-facelift 6th gen's are meant to be slightly better again re mpg (anecdotally, atleast).

General thoughts - you get alot of car for your money - quick 0-100 for a 2 litre N/A - high-ish revving - good motorway cruisers - (not particularly torquey, but adequate though) - very good looking/stylish cars for their age - getting rarer now - Nice enough handling on the twisties - solid engines.

Roughly speaking - You can get a pre-facelift 6th gen for £1600-£2300 and a post-facelift for £2000-£3000.

Well worth the money IMHO ;)

Hope you find the car you want shame you dont fancy a red one as mine is for sale now, i can get 30 mpg on a long steady run about 25 driving to work and back.

post-42000-1189023170_thumb.jpg

post-42000-1189023198_thumb.jpg

Hope you find the car you want shame you dont fancy a red one as mine is for sale now, i can get 30 mpg on a long steady run about 25 driving to work and back.

Mine is 38mpg (nearly 40 a few times), dropping to 35 if I'm in traffic a lot. It's a 98 GT, so they are really well tuned engines.. seem more torquey than the higher bhp engine, and don't use as much petrol.

I once got 40!! So if you don't rev them much you will get great mpg... ok, it's not as much fun, but keep the revs below 2500rpm and you get amazing economy. I often start in 1200 rpm after a gear change - it's sluggish, but saves a lot of fuel. no point in revving in traffic.

ps. I calculate my MPG based on a full tank mileage. So if I get 380 miles out of a full tank, it's 38 mpg. its that fairly accurate? I did all the maths once and it added up ok

My 1996 1.8 ST Celica is up for sale,

With it being the 1.8 it's better on fuel than the GT and it's lower insurance, it's got the nice 16" Momo alloys that Toyota put on for a while, and the spoiler on the back. It's Red,

Up for sale at just £1995 ono in Staffordshire

My 1996 1.8 ST Celica is up for sale,

With it being the 1.8 it's better on fuel than the GT and it's lower insurance, it's got the nice 16" Momo Alloys that Toyota put on for a while, and the spoiler on the back. It's Red,

Up for sale at just £1995 ono in Staffordshire

sounds like a good first Celica to me, and well kept! kittyb4u I think it would be wise to go for a car like this, cos you don't want too much bhp for your first purchase :)

thanks guys

i would buy one of the cars that people have said but i dont want a red one

yeah prob be wise to go for the 1.8 or what about the 2.0st how is that one

The 2.0 st I think was only done in America? Or it wasn't done at all. In fact I think US had 1.8 and 2.2

In the UK we just had 1.8ST, 2.0GT, and 2.0GT4

In Japan they had SS1, SS2, SS3 and GT4,

The SS1 is their equivalent of the ST, but it has a 2.0 litre engine so that maybe where you had seen 2.0ST from, but that would only be available as an Import.

The SS2 is basically the same as our 2.0GT and the SS3 was a beams engined car - quite rare and sought after.

Hope that helps

(and there's nothing wrong with red ones!)

thanks guys

i would buy one of the cars that people have said but i dont want a red one

yeah prob be wise to go for the 1.8 or what about the 2.0st how is that one

whats wrong with red????

u may have seen mine round town lol

The 1.8 ST's a good little car, and a bit different - alot of 20-something girls are driving round in new Clio's and MIni Coopers etc.......very common...... - the ST's an extremely good looking, rarer, "more unique" "alternative" - not many of them around, classy looking.

Hi Totally agree there is only one, tis black. Nothing looks better!

One of mine is up for sale tis black, R plate, auto box, jap import, 2.0 GT. Only thing is car lives in Edinburgh.

Not sure if this is any good to you but spotted an older one in the colour of your choice.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=018

I know it is eBay but just an other way to advertise.

Black all the way!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck in finding your new car.

ohh yellow one they are so hard to find is that a good one might ask about it the reserve price is not met yet

Hi

In answer to your question, I think it is an awesome one, looks like it has really been cared for. But think it might be gone. Don't give up, wait for what you want, these are lovely cars and a dream to drive. I rescued my second one 97 plate from a scrap yard. Black of course and it passed MOT today. So am !Removed! happy.

Gave a shot of my current autobox to one of me mates and now he wants one, hence why am prowling the sites looking for much cheapness. My first was a 92 Plate and I parted with that at 158000 on the clock, still managed 125 out of it so don't be put off by mileage up to around 120,000. There is plenty left.

Don't think anyone on this site would disagree with me! Comments if you want people!

Noticed this on me browsing.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/212458.htm

Droped a note and here is the response....

Still for sale, although i am just about to put the stock wheels back on with a gun metal finish.

Adam

Only too glad to help convert ya to the club!!!

Hi

In answer to your question, I think it is an awesome one, looks like it has really been cared for. But think it might be gone. Don't give up, wait for what you want, these are lovely cars and a dream to drive. I rescued my second one 97 plate from a scrap yard. Black of course and it passed MOT today. So am !Removed! happy.

Gave a shot of my current autobox to one of me mates and now he wants one, hence why am prowling the sites looking for much cheapness. My first was a 92 Plate and I parted with that at 158000 on the clock, still managed 125 out of it so don't be put off by mileage up to around 120,000. There is plenty left.

Don't think anyone on this site would disagree with me! Comments if you want people!

Noticed this on me browsing.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/212458.htm

Droped a note and here is the response....

Still for sale, although i am just about to put the stock wheels back on with a gun metal finish.

Adam

Only too glad to help convert ya to the club!!!

i want it :D but i cant its a jap import cant get insured on one of them for some reason

sure somone told me its really hard to found yellow ones and you found 2

Not sure what the problem is.....Perhaps some other members can help on the insurance.

I have both jap import and uk model.

Last year Jap one was insured with more than, they did'nt seem to give a toss! (260 for the year) and they came in cheaper at renewal...(bumped it up to 315 though). Since I am now insuring 2, obviously no claims only applies to one, AA came in the best for both. 335 on the jap import. (they did have to check with the insurer - Norwich Union - cos the autobox wasn't listed on their website. But they didn't seem to care). Got the second policy for 450 cos I already had the one policy with them.

Perhaps it is cos I is an old git. (35) with the max no claims.......

Info might be useful!! not sure!!

Tis my little pass time, ultimately I would like to have a 98/99 red top. and GT4 of a similar age!!!! Have fun and don't give up!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links