Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Got My First Car - 91 Cynos

jechto

Hey guys, i got my driving test on wednesday next week and my dad just got me this new car, i gotta say its alot more than i expected :)

i got the japanese cynos B - so i think its knocking back about 110bhp which is good compared to most of the cars i plan to own :P

a few queries just to kick off

- i just got new alloys on her and it looks abit odd - nothing to go crazy about but i would like it to be abit lower, - so just wondering do any of you guys know where i can get some good lowering springs (in the uK) for my car

also i was thinking of getting the xracing gen 1 kit - have any of you guys got one, how long did it take to get to u and what sort of quality is it.

last of all - i just got a sony cd player but i dont know how to get at the cd bay - could some one indicate which bolts and screws i might have to undo.

-- sorry for the moan -- its just i have to do all the work on my car myself as my dad works every day and cannot help me.

thanks alot for any help

Jechto

-- some pics will be posted soon -- :lol:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

someone else with Cynos in the UK!!!!! - where in the UK are you mate???

ok, enough of my whining :lol: - right, first off welcome, great choice on the Cynos my friend, i love my 92 to bits.... :thumbsup:

ohh hope you like attention, youll get a lot driving the Cynos!!!

not to sure on the springs, i havent found any in the UK apart from 2nd gen Paseo (96+) & not sure on compatibility - hope you have deap pockets, finding parts is a !Removed! nightmare in the UK.

for the kit contact toyotasera.co.uk (member on here) he's the main contact for x-racing kits.

ok, CD - get a flatblade screwdriver - take off the surrounding facia inc the rear heater switch. disconnect the cable....

there are 4 phillips screws (if i remember right) holding in the cage. take them out & bobs your uncle.

Welcome on board - any questions feel free to ask, there are quite a few paseo owners here now & i can help more with the Cynos.

Good luck on Wednesday!!!!!!!

thanks alot man. i will try that tonight as i got a nice head unit and some Speakers to fit.

i will get some pics up soon of it - i agree ive gone arround the village a few times in it, and it flys

im from wales by the way - pembrokeshire :thumbsup:

Cynos A here, incase u didnt know, 6.5's go in the back, and im not sure about the front doors, but the tweaters are around 1" (possibly smaller).

you CANNOT get 6x9's for a cynos without either

A) Lowering where they sit, makes them sound like ****

B) cutting into the bodywork, and i dont think mr safety will like that....

about Springs, goto your local spring shop, they may be able to help, even just ask them, dont pay for nuffing >D

you have a 5efhe right?

if you dont know, pop the hood, at the back, of the engine bay (looking from the front of the nose), theres a silver plate, and drummed into it will be your engine specs etc.

Btw on the engine in Jap writing it says *Change Timing Belt every 100,000Km's*

also recommends to change the oil filter every 50,000km's and wash the air filter every 15, something like that, and change your air filter every 50,000km's

thanks alot man. i will try that tonight as i got a nice head unit and some speakers to fit.

i will get some pics up soon of it - i agree ive gone arround the village a few times in it, and it flys

im from wales by the way - pembrokeshire :thumbsup:

anytime mate - us paseo/cynos drivers have to stick together.

im from the South east so im still the only Cynos driver down here :lol::thumbsup:

If you get stuck or have any other questions ask away..

what colour is your cynos - please tell me its not blue :lol:

theres a massive Jap car show next July - near Northampton. there are a few paseo's & my Cynos forming a convoy - you want to come along?

J

Hey jechto! Welcome to TOC, about time J had some competition around here! :P

I'm sure any q's you have we can help, get some pics up & don't forget to fill in your location. :thumbsup:

thanks all for the welcome :)

it also looks like i got a set of sony 6X9's to sell, anyone ?

:crybaby:

cant you take them back to the shop & say you got the wrong size???

then get 6 1/2's

J

does ne one know where i can get some parts for this car in the UK.

is it me or, are parts for this just about as rare as - say a hoe keeping her underwear on.

jesus :crybaby:

im finding it really had to find things such as : exhaust, Induction kit, Springs + a few more things i cant remember right now

:help:

You can get an exhaust made up - costs about 450+vat (stainless steel - custom look & sound, Lifetime guarentee)

ive been trying to find parts for the Cynos for a while now - the only way i can think to do it is fly to the states & get them there.

& thats what im planning next year.

J

We did have a very informative 'sticky post' which J put together, along the lines of the Pimp one but it was lost with the recent forum problems unfortunately.

Anyway if there are specific parts you're after ask away - you never know! :thumbsup:

p.s you know why you bought a rare car, for the attention they get! :D

Welcome to the club mate :thumbsup: , if you need any help this is the best place to come. I reckon between us we can answer most questions :yes: .

Nice choice of car btw :)

We did have a very informative 'sticky post' which J put together

James, soon as I get stocktake outta the way at work, I'll send you that compatible parts list again and try to do some work on the Cynos bits, gonna need em now you're gettin a bit common :lol: :P

Cheers mate - ill work on the sticky this weekend - works a bit hecktic now....

P*ss off were comon - 2 Cynos's in the UK!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: :P

would be handy for the cynos though mate

J

i thought manufacturers show HP at engine not the FLY cos its a bigger number.... not sure though... someone will be along soon to correct me :help:

lol, you realise thats the same as mine mate..... :lol: :(

looks great.

nice rims... see what you mean about lowering it after you put them on.... :eek:

ive got my work cut out for me i see. :P

got a new design on a paint job, so hopefully around march mines going to be looking better.

J

the cynos B comes with 115 horsepower in the JDM form not too bad for a 1500 engine :thumbsup:

The 5E-FHE in the Sera gives 110ps, thats 108bhp.

For a 1500 its respectable, but nothing special. Honda consistently get circa 100bhp per litre from normally aspriated VTEC in standard production form.

The record for a standard production road car is 165bhp per litre from the Maserati Ghibli Cup, but this is a turbo car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links