Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Factory Toyota Parts

dave5282

How come you cannot buy or get a price for Toyota parts, bits and pieces online, ie direct from Toyota. it seems crazy?

If you wanted to get say a new gear knob, and it was just a click away and a genuine part from Toyota then your more likely to buy from toyota instead of going elsewere? <_<

Is there a reason for this?

first off dealers would need their own system as prices vary from dealer to dealer

perhaps it would also be too competitive for other dealers...

first off dealers would need their own system as prices vary from dealer to dealer

wouldn't it be nice if Toyota were to make sure that all dealers gave the same price.

I'd love to really have a guarantee of the same service regardless of the branch. No more phoning around for the best price :D , now that would be something!

I was under the impression they do all give the same prices on parts, but labour rates were different from dealer to dealer. This has certianly been the case in my experience.

In fact the only times the prices have been different has been if the parts have been for warranty work, in which case they have always been significantly cheaper as Toyota is paying for them.

Don't get me started on the costs for labour :ffs:

I remember a mechanic telling me he could fit a gearbox in a Vauxhall Cavalier in 20mins...

Wonder how long he told the customer it took...

Thing is I hate the way that when you go to a dealer (not singling out Toyota Nissan was worse) and ask for prices of accessories I always get the distinct impression they go to the back room and create a number to use as a price! Am I alone in this thought? (and they are often a biut shady of giving out prices over the phone) :huh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links