Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atherstone Vehicle Show 2007, Anyone Fancy It?

Wosket

Anyone fancy coming to the Atherstone Vehicle Show on Sunday 16th September and displaying your motors? You can have a club section and get the banners out if you like come. I'm overseeing the modidifed section as i am co-sponsoring the event and would love to get some more jap motors to the show.

The show started with just classic cars but has now grown to have a modified section as well. Some of the cars that will be at the show are: Jag XK from the James Bond film Die Another Day, original Ford GT40, Imprezza rally cars, racing truck, jap cars, Mygale Formula 4 car, stock cars, classic cars, modded vw campers, the list goes on and there may be a few more surprises yet. There has been a maclaren F1 car and a Jag Lemans cars at previous shows - it's a bit mad seeing them drive around a cobbled market square!

It's based on the Market Square and there will be various events throughout the day along with the mandatory burger vans, music etc.

Here's the poster:

CarShow.jpg

great stuff mate, i'll pm you more info and my moby no. tomorrow, look forward to meeting you fella.

also got some attendees from: mr2oc, midlands jap forum, jap midlands, westfield oc, jaguar oc too, all confirmed in the last day or so.

gonna be a good day! anyone else fancy some?

ill go :P does 2 tocers meen a club stand :unsure: lmao

absolutely mate! :lol:

will post maps and layout tomorrow, just re-jigging the layout a bit now.

hopefully the sun will stay with us as well :unsure:

well, you'd think so, normally the toc'ers are mad for it, or mad ferritts as is the case sometimes!

come on, the midlands meets used to be great, and that was when i lived in manchester!

PM sent :)

right then folks

you can download a map from the following location http://www.designfor.co.uk/carshowmap.pdf

and a layout plan from this location http://www.designfor.co.uk/carshowplan.pdf

if anyone is sat naving it aim for the junction of sheepy road and church street in atherstone or enter postcode CV9 1HA

Just thought i would drop a few photos on here, i was here. but my car wasn't as the wa**er fixing it isnt the most relyable of people. sorry for me no car show

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Nice photos there sam.............I thought it was an entertaining day out :thumbsup:

It is a pity that you did not take a photo of the ONLY ONE REPRESENTATIVE OF TOC with my Yaris..........why didn't you introduce yourself?

WHAT HAPPENED TO HOOVER WITH HIS COROLLA COMPRESSOR AND CARL SR WITH HIS AWARD WINNING COROLLA SR?

John the organiser of the show reserved quite a large prime site for the TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB and I was the only one to show up. :ffs: :censor:

THIS REALLY IS TOTALLY INEXCUSABLE AND SHOWS THE CLUB IN A VERY POOR LIGHT.......................IN FACT I THINK THAT THIS IS JUST THE LATEST IN A TREND WHERE PEOPLE SAY THEY ARE COMING TO A MEET AND THEN FAIL TO SHOW UP. :angry:

You may gather from the above that I am just a little angry at the apathy of some of the club members.

I appreciate that not everyone wants to travel too far for meets, but my round trip was a shade under 200 miles for the Atherstone Show and I received a very warm welcolm from John and the organisers but felt VERY EMBARASSED ON BEHALF OF TOC...............AND APOLOGISE TO HIM FOR THE NO SHOWS

I SOMETIMES WONDER WHY I BOTHER BEING IN AN OWNERS CLUB WHERE MEMBERS DO NOT SHOW ANY SENSE OF COMMITMENT AND LOYALTY TO THE CLUB AND ITS FELLOW MEMBERS.

I feel the time is rapidly approaching where I must consider my future membership of TOC, for without more commitment from the membership, there is not a lot of point to the club.........................................WAKE UP OUT THERE!!

Nice photos there sam.............I thought it was an entertaining day out :thumbsup:

It is a pity that you did not take a photo of the ONLY ONE REPRESENTATIVE OF TOC with my Yaris..........why didn't you introduce yourself?

WHAT HAPPENED TO HOOVER WITH HIS COROLLA COMPRESSOR AND CARL SR WITH HIS AWARD WINNING COROLLA SR?

John the organiser of the show reserved quite a large prime site for the TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB and I was the only one to show up. :ffs: :censor:

THIS REALLY IS TOTALLY INEXCUSABLE AND SHOWS THE CLUB IN A VERY POOR LIGHT.......................IN FACT I THINK THAT THIS IS JUST THE LATEST IN A TREND WHERE PEOPLE SAY THEY ARE COMING TO A MEET AND THEN FAIL TO SHOW UP. :angry:

You may gather from the above that I am just a little angry at the apathy of some of the club members.

I appreciate that not everyone wants to travel too far for meets, but my round trip was a shade under 200 miles for the Atherstone Show and I received a very warm welcolm from John and the organisers but felt VERY EMBARASSED ON BEHALF OF TOC...............AND APOLOGISE TO HIM FOR THE NO SHOWS

I SOMETIMES WONDER WHY I BOTHER BEING IN AN OWNERS CLUB WHERE MEMBERS DO NOT SHOW ANY SENSE OF COMMITMENT AND LOYALTY TO THE CLUB AND ITS FELLOW MEMBERS.

I feel the time is rapidly approaching where I must consider my future membership of TOC, for without more commitment from the membership, there is not a lot of point to the club.........................................WAKE UP OUT THERE!!

wow, thats quiet a long post, and it made me feel quiet bad. Its the fist time i been to a outing of this type and to be truefull. i didnt see you!! your right. if there had been more of a show from TOC then i would of probably managed to find you. as it was i felt bad enoth about not being able to bring my car so i didnt want to really hassle the orginiser as i felt i let him down saying that i would come and then showing up, but with out the car. The trip was a round 120 for me and i really enjoyed the day.

i did meet up and have a quick chat with the jap crazy owners club. they looked to have a good show. they even had matching t-shirts lol

CARL SR WITH HIS AWARD WINNING COROLLA SR?

THIS REALLY IS TOTALLY INEXCUSABLE AND SHOWS THE CLUB IN A VERY POOR LIGHT.......................IN FACT I THINK THAT THIS IS JUST THE LATEST IN A TREND WHERE PEOPLE SAY THEY ARE COMING TO A MEET AND THEN FAIL TO SHOW UP

i am sorry i did not turn up to day wen i said i was going to unfortenetly me "ashley" fort it was this next week n not this week woopsie :unsure:

am sure most people no that i am up for most meets and will attend alot of events but completly buggerd up sorry for letting people down :(

Steve, this one's actually not that far from me, and I probably would have attended if I'd known about it sooner, but first I heard of it was when wosket's thread was created a little over a week ago. By then, I already had other plans, and I would imagine many others did too. Not sure if there was publicity before that, just saying that if there was I didn't see it.

I know the main point of your post is people not turning up when they say they will. But people's plans can change unexpectedly, and so you've got to expect a few drop outs. If you've got a well publicised event with 20 or 30 people attending then one or two not making it isn't a big problem. But when the notice is only 9 days or so then only a few people will be free and therefore a few dropouts will of course be significant.

Sorry you were there on your own, but please don't assume that the low attendance implies that nobody is interested in attending events, because I don't believe that's true.

T