Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyo R888?

shazab

Hi every one i am looking to improve my handling on my yaris phase2 ts and came across the toyo r888's. I just wanted to know if anyone has already got these and if they are any good. I am just looking for very sahrp handling and stability. If anyone got any other ideas please let me know as i do not want to purchase unless i am sure im am getting the right onez. Thanks

Hi every one i am looking to improve my handling on my yaris phase2 ts and came across the toyo r888's. I just wanted to know if anyone has already got these and if they are any good. I am just looking for very sahrp handling and stability. If anyone got any other ideas please let me know as i do not want to purchase unless i am sure im am getting the right onez. Thanks

No. Don't do it.

Might be a good tyre for a nice dry summer but I think you would be regret it if you put them on just before the winter. In fact I wouldn't recommend them any time for a daily driver car in the UK. Ideal for a car that you're going to keep in the garage and only use when the weather is fine though.

What have you done already? Not that it matters because I'd still say "Nooooooo!"

I think the Toyo Proxy T1-R is the tyre that you actually want. The best combo of wet and dry grip, wear resistance, noise suppression and cost that most of us have come across.

A

What have you done already? Not that it matters because I'd still say "Nooooooo!"

I think the Toyo Proxy T1-R is the tyre that you actually want. The best combo of wet and dry grip, wear resistance, noise suppression and cost that most of us have come across.

A

I aint done much just put a K&N induction kit buti am looking to do more later as i got the car in May. I think i better stick to the t1-r but i also have come across the t1-s, which look more grippy. It going to be either the t1-r or the t1-s but which onez shall i go for and is the best size 195/50/15? As this is what i have gathered from previous forums. :unsure:

I aint done much just put a K&N induction kit buti am looking to do more later as i got the car in May. I think i better stick to the t1-r but i also have come across the t1-s, which look more grippy. It going to be either the t1-r or the t1-s but which onez shall i go for and is the best size 195/50/15? As this is what i have gathered from previous forums. :unsure:

Every review I've ever seen of the Toyos suggests that the T1-Rs are much better than the T1-S.

It may vary from car to car, so I'm sure there are exceptions, but in general people seem to like the Rs and dislike the Ss.

People have also told me even the T1-Rs are over-rated - budget tyres at a high price due to their high marketing spend someone said.. Don't know if this is true at all, but will find out soon as my MR2 will be wearing a set in about an hour (hopefully if the tyre fitter turns up when he said he would).

The Rs have superseeded the Ss so naturally you want to be getting T1-Rs. :yes:

If you want to improve handling you want a set of coilovers or a good spring and shock combo. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links