Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Please

mikegsi

now bubba's and bubba-ettes

i am selling my mitsubishi 3000gt tt (uk car) as since changing jobs i'm having to use it a lot more than i would normally, and my petrol costs have risen, plus its a k reg car and im after something a bit newer now.

i am looking at buying a celica, ive thought about other cars, but what i'm after is something with a bit of oommph, but reasonably economical (which rules out any turbo's :crybaby: )

i'm gonna be looking for roughly a 98 model celica, either 1.8 or 2.0.

can you help me decide which one to go for out of these two, i.e. with stats on each (performance, fuel usage, etc) and also a good buyers guide.

before the mitsi i had a nissan 200sx (s13 type) which used almost as much petrol as the mitsubishi, and am a member of the sxoc forum and also the gtouk forum, both of which i use regularly.

anyone offer me any info??

thanks

mike

(forum name comes from days of cavvy gsi on the cav-web forum, was easier for me to keep the same user-name throughout!!)

Yea keep the GTO!!! That forum is good, I quite often pop over there, did you go to Le Mans with them this year?

I've heard the 1.8 is a fair bit slower than the 2.0 but I'm sure a Celica owner will be along to help out soon. :thumbsup:

Could you resize your signiture so it's no greater than 60 pixels high please! Thanks! :)

Edited by 97paseo

didnt make it to le mans mate, would like to keep the beast, but needs must and all that, ive looked at all the various different ways around it, but tbh the best option is selling her.

as i say gt4 would be no good, might as well have keep the gt, just want to know if there is any significant differences between the 1.8 and 2.0, obviously performance and economy being my main concerns.

at the mo a £50 tank of optimax gets me about 280 miles, and am doing that in just under a week.

im looking for roughly 100miles per £10 or thereabouts

i'll see what i can do about the siggy, a lad from sxoc is hosting it for me, if i can upload it from my comp like the avatar i'll sort it no bother, otherwise i'll prob take it off till another is designed

cheers :thumbsup:

:lol::eek:

Thats mad!! I get about 230 ish miles on £20 but thats not exactly economic driving & mines only a 1.5.

If you post up the addy for the sig I'll resize it for you & stick it in our gallery & link it for you. :thumbsup:

nice one mate, heres the link to it, it'll only be temporary till i get my next car then i'll have a nice shiny new siggy pic.

have got a lad from the gtouk board coming to look at the car on saturday, otherwise i'll prob trade it in if it doesnt sell in two weeks, but havent advertised it anywhere yet

http://www.nismo200.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/t...ges/mikegsi.jpg

:thumbsup:

My thoughts on the subject as a past celica owner ( 1.8 SR model )....

The 1.8 7A-FE engine, has 114 bhp, 0-60 of 10 secs, top speed of 124 mph, will do 35 plus mpg, has a group 13 insurance .

The 2.0 3S-GE engine, has 168-173bhp ( depending on year ), 0-60 of 7.9 secs,top speed od 137 mph, may do high 20's to low 30's mpg and has an insurance group of 15/16 :( .

My own opinion would be to buy the 1.8 SR model , as you "get your cake and eat it" ;) , it has the cheaper running costs of the ST , but the body kit and extras of the GT.

Take a look on Auto Trader for the SR and see what you think.

Bob.

B) Hi im a new member i have a 95 celica 2.0GT it aint never been that good on petrol but its worse now it has a cone filter and been de-catted! its the same as my s13 200sx but alot better on fuel than my mates GTO which are mad! :thumbsup:

bob, thanks for your input, tbh i think the 1.8 will prob be the one i go for, as you say, can get the same body kit for it as the 2.0.

still not too sure, think i'll have to test drive some and make my own mind up, at the mo i'm getting roughly 20mpg, which now i come to think about it, isnt too bad.

decisions, decisions, decisions!!!!!!

got my mind set on a celica now, so am gonna have one, and it will have to have the following spec.

leccy windows, air con, remote c/l, spoiler, front fogs, bucket seats.

as long as it has these i'll be happy!!!!!

97paseo, got my siggy pic, cheers for that!!!

The 1.8 SR spec reads.....

16 " Momo alloys,

205/50/16 tyres,

Air/Con,

Rear spoiler,

Side skirts,

Remote C/Locking,

E/Windows,

ABS,

PAS,

Sony CD/Rad /Cass,

Made only in Silver or Black,

Headlamp Wahers,

Twin Airbags,

Front and rear fog lights,

Heater Electric Mirrors,

The ST model will give you some of the above items, but no body mods :( , so no skirts, rear spoiler, alloys, Get a SR your be well pleased with it :thumbsup: .

Have a 97 ST,

has 14" alloys which arent so good

Air/Con,

Rear spoiler

Remote C/Locking,

E/Windows,

ABS,

6 Disc clarion CD changer,

(not sure if that was standard or not)

Twin Airbags,

Front and rear fog lights,

Electric Mirrors,

have the washers for the headlapms, not sure if they are connected or if i just havent figured that out yet.

lovely car, wouldnt change her for the world.

think the insurance is group 12.