Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Needed

s0nic

I am experiencing a problem on my 2003 TSport

Normal starting procedure sees the ABS TRC and VSC lights on for the normal 3 seconds then off.....However, after driving for a while, they light (all three) up. This does not happen after any particular event, say heavy breaking or heavy cornedring.... Has anyone experienced this ?

ABS works until the lights come on... same applies to TRC ....so does VSC it seems......

The repair manuals hints at either a range of problems ranging from the numerous ABS / TRC / VSC supporting sensors and or systems to simply a steering wheel / wheels misalignment after Battery disconnection. These 3 sub-systems share a number of supporting elements and frequently have direct / undirect effects on each other.

Any one experienced similar issues ?

Thanks!

I've had this happen once on mine, I restarted the engine and all was well.

I think I might have caused it myself by trying to take it out of gear without using the clutch, and confusing some sensors. :lol:

I would go with something like a wheel speed sensor being a bit dirty/loose connection. But to track the problem down you'll probably need to get it plugged in and read to give you a clue where it's coming from.

Where do you get the repair manual by the way?

Try disconnecting the Battery (with a straight steering wheel!) and re-connecting it as you've said, you never know.

I think I might have caused it myself by trying to take it out of gear without using the clutch, and confusing some sensors. :lol:

I would go with something like a wheel speed sensor being a bit dirty/loose connection. But to track the problem down you'll probably need to get it plugged in and read to give you a clue where it's coming from.

Try disconnecting the battery (with a straight steering wheel!) and re-connecting it as you've said, you never know.

Thanks for your reply..I actually used a scan tool myself (generic OBD II) and there are no errors listed ...the speed sensors can be also be a potential problem source.

Battery disconnected for about 30 mins..re-connected....problem surfaced once more (only) since...i'll see if it crops up once again...

I bought Corolla Repair Manuals VOL 1 (RM925E1) and VOL 2 (RM925E2) from Mr T himself (locally)

thanks once again

kindest regards

godwin

Try disconnecting the battery (with a straight steering wheel!) and re-connecting it as you've said, you never know.

Thanks for your reply..I actually used a scan tool myself (generic OBD II) and there are no errors listed ...the speed sensors can be also be a potential problem source.

Battery disconnected for about 30 mins..re-connected....problem surfaced once more (only) since...i'll see if it crops up once again...

I bought Corolla Repair Manuals VOL 1 (RM925E1) and VOL 2 (RM925E2) from Mr T himself (locally)

thanks once again

kindest regards

godwin

Godwin, how much were these manuals? and what did they cover?

thanks once again

kindest regards

godwin

Godwin, how much were these manuals? and what did they cover?

Hi

They cost me around Eur 400 (

They are used by the Toyota Mechanics themselves to diagnose and repair all kinds of problems on the corolla..you name it its there, incuding step by step procedures, symptom tables, wiring diagrams, error codes, senor locations, circuits, exploded views/diagrams etc. etc....both around 1500 pages....

btw, on the subject of the ABS+VSC+TRC lights coming on...done quite some extensive testing today and yesterday, slow braking, heavy braking, downhill, uphill etc. etc...i got the error twice but still cannot replicate at will although i reckon it *may* be occuring where braking is applied and engine is in gear and there is a road dislevel of sorts.....amplified by a recent change to 215x17x45 alloys/tires...

i do not think there is a fault yet (although still possible).....i hope i can replicate the problem cos its driving me nuts...

thanks...any suggestions more than welcome...

kindest regards

godwin