Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Is Locking Relay?

enrax

Hi folks!

Do anyone know where the locking relay on a Carina E 92' is?

Need to replace the factory one with a new "speedy" central locking relay, so I can open the car without a key.

I've looked in the Haynes book, and found the locking relay but it doesn't say where it is (doh!)

Any help would be appreciated :-)

Br

Arne

No one knows?? :-(

I'd like to know this too. I've searched around above the cabin fuse box, but randomly pulling out relays isn't such a good idea. I don't think it's in the door though, because my alarm system (which is causing my door locking problems) doesn't have wires going into the door...

It is difficult for me because there are so many wires here and I cannot identify which ones control door lock/unlock. The colours are correctly identified by the Haynes manual at the driver's control panel (the one with the power windows and door central lock switches) but maybe the colours

change when they enter the main wiring harness.

I believe it is behind the fascia, maybe behind the radio or something. Somewhere really difficult anyway. Maybe if you go to a breakers yard, they will know. They seem to know everything there!

Conor.

Hi Conor!

I've located the relay after some time looking and listen for it. The haynes book doesn't say anything about where the relay is located. Just what wires goes where to the relay.

It's located behind the stereo, up to the right. I did this to get it out.

Removed my car stereo. In my case, this was very easy. Unplugged all wires. I know someone need special tools to get this out.

Removed the whole cover that house emergency button, rear window heater etc. Unplug all wires.

Unscrewed the two + screws for the glove room. Located outside on the bottom of the room. (I have no idea what's the english word for this room) :rolleyes:

The relay is blue in upper right corner. (mine was...) It's screwed to the fascia with one + screw.

Sorry for my english typing by the way! :lol:

It's located behind the stereo, up to the right. I did this to get it out.

Yay! My guess was actually right for once! Thanks for the reply - it's good to know where it is now and I will write it into my Haynes manual. Although it looks like it is difficult to get to! I'm glad I don't have to now... I found the alarm manufacturer and he told me the colours of the alarm cables for the central locking.

Strange though - the Haynes says lock/unlock cables are brown with blue and brown with yellow (I think - doing this from memory). The colours the alarm was connected to are Brown/White and Brown/Green. I guess the colours change from the door to the wiring harness! That's annoying!

(I have no idea what's the english word for this room) :rolleyes:

Sorry for my english typing by the way! :lol:

I can understand perfectly! Oh and it's a "compartment" in this case - glove compartment.

Thanks,

Conor.

• 6 years later...

Hi!

Thanks for the great forum, you have here. Rising up old post.

I'm installing after market keyless entry system to my Carina E.

From Haynes manual I already found out that it uses negative signal to control locks.

My question is, if anybody has info about pins in locking relay? E.g. pin 6?

BR

Tapsa