Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corroded Alloys Leaking Air

branney

2 of my alloys allow some air to escape. these are original GTi alloys from 1990.

new tyres (with new valves) didn't make a difference and i was told it was caused by corrosion/slight bubbling, meaning the tyre does not fit so tightly.

it takes around 2 weeks for half of the air to escape, so i have been living with pumping air in weekly for the last 2 years!

i was told i could get them sandblasted, but it would be cheaper to put something round the rims to seal them. does anyone know what i should ask for and where i should go to buy such a product?

or can anyone recommend somewhere cheap in scotland for the sandblasting? (is £40 per wheel ok?)

If the wheels are not too bad you can just use more sealant! By blasting the wheels you can make em good as new, ensure that the wheel is not buckled as alloys (especially big ones) don't like British roads(tracks) :(

they are just the 14" ones.

is it motor factors for bead sealant, or would they sell it at the motoring section of eg. asda (open later during the week)?

thanks for the help

the stuff you want is bead sealer its a black viscous liquid that'll seal them up

:thumbsup:

What's the best/cheapest stuff and where from? I'll tell my local garage this, the next time I take bad alloys for nice tyres!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links