Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parts For Ae101 In Uk

WilsonC

hi everyone nice too meet u guys here, im about to pick up my levin AE101 this week, just wondering if theres any online shop that u guys deal with regularly who will supply parts for my car and with not much problems? i would need service bits regularly like oil filter, fuel filter and stuff. and i also need to get a exhaust system as well, as the exhaust tip was rusted through and i will need a new one. may do a cat back if the one on car still factory, HKS hipower is nice (think thats what its called). but over £400 to import and may get charged tax, it will be nice if i can get one in uk. and also if there any UK models that share the same parts with my AE? anyone know AE101 please help

Wil

The oilfilter atleast, is the same as for the 4AFE and a lot of other engines.

As far as i remember, there's 4 different oilfilter from Toyota ;)

However, for a Levin, i would give it some ekstra and add a TRD oilfilter instead of the Toyota-filter :)

I find stuff like spark plugs, air filters, brake pads, oil filters and fuel filters can be bought from your average motor factors but it's usually useful to take the part with you as they'll have to match it up from something else.

Anything they can't supply you can get from Toyota themselves

I recently imported a 5Zigen exhaust from Yahoo auctions in Japan. It was a new system but was listed quite cheap, cost me over £300 to get it. You'll probably find that 5Zigen are the only exhausts you'll be able to buy as they come in 3 pieces and most other systems like the HKS are 2 piece. All company's I asked about importing for me all used EMS for their freight and they had length restrictions. The 5Zigen systems remove the cat which is nice, mine is pretty loud though.

I used this company http://www.crescent-shop.com/aboutus/privacypolicy.htm

I find stuff like spark plugs, air filters, brake pads, oil filters and fuel filters can be bought from your average motor factors but it's usually useful to take the part with you as they'll have to match it up from something else.

Anything they can't supply you can get from Toyota themselves

I recently imported a 5Zigen exhaust from Yahoo auctions in Japan. It was a new system but was listed quite cheap, cost me over £300 to get it. You'll probably find that 5Zigen are the only exhausts you'll be able to buy as they come in 3 pieces and most other systems like the HKS are 2 piece. All company's I asked about importing for me all used EMS for their freight and they had length restrictions. The 5Zigen systems remove the cat which is nice, mine is pretty loud though.

I used this company http://www.crescent-shop.com/aboutus/privacypolicy.htm

thanks mate for your reply, just collected my car yesterday, well impressed by its power, road handling, appearance, EVERYTHING!! found a trader on eBay who can get me HKS Legal for 390 plus postage.

regarding the parts, i would love to put good jap parts back on the car instead of using universal cheap made parts and how do i find all parts numbers for me model? any other AE owners lets do a AE forum so we can all share infomation on our cars what u think? some common faults, DIYs knowledge base something like that. it will be so helpful to us and also help to introduce this car to uk i think.

one more thing i want to ask is my exhaust seem stock with cat converter, but its quite loud i just wonder if its normal for this engine with ITB? need to lift it up this afternoon and check under to have a good look

The exhausts aren't that loud as standard. My standard exhaust went rotten and got louder as it started blowing.

I don't know where you'd go for uprated jap parts. To be honest, I don't think they are worth the money anyway. You'll start to find that Toyota can be pricey enough as it is anyway. Only place I could get front discs from was a main dealer at £55 each :( I paid less than that for Brembo BMW M3 discs in the past.

Rotor cap is £85 from toyota and about £10 for the rotor arm. Parts aren't always cheap, i'm relieved whenever something I need is available at a motor factors.

I'm selling mine soon (Tuesday hopefully). I've got a Megasquirt ECU, Ford EDIS ignition system, harness adapter for a silvertop, chrome trumpets for sale if your interested in upping the power and being able to run your throttle bodies open. B)

• 3 years later...

Defo agree on starting an AE forum, had issues getting CV joints, ended up trading on here to get some, which was ok, but there's gotta be a better eay of getting things!