Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Radio Issue - Any Ideas?

gordypix

The other night the Radio/CD player in my Celica Gen 7 worked perfectly and then turning on the car the next day - there was NOTHING from the Radio at all - No sound, No lights on it - NOTHING!

Any ideas what might have happened to it?

Everything else in the car is working 100% fine.....

I need music....HELP!!!

cheers.

Gordy.

Gordy, assuming it's not a fuse, check the aerial lead hasn't dropped out; I think they might use it as the earth.

Gordy, assuming it's not a fuse, check the aerial lead hasn't dropped out; I think they might use it as the earth.

1. Where is the Radio fuse?

2. Where is the aerial lead connected?

:unsure:

1. Should be a list of fuses in the back of your manual. Sorry, I've upgraded the Gen7 to a Gen 5 ;) so don't have manual to hand any more. I'd guess it may be 'the dome fuse' though so other stuff like interior lights would go off at the same time if that were the problem.

2. Aerial plugs into the back of the head unit and you'll probably have to remove the head unit to check that - unless you can reach the back without taking the head unit out. I can't remember if that's the case or not.

How the heck does the head unit come out?? :unsure:

Got a feeling it may be quite tough to do ....! :huh:

IIRC there's a thin trim around the unit which you can remove to reveal some bolts. Undo those and it will pull forward. But it's several years since I swapped one, so best find some instructions from someone who has done it more recently.

If it's dead and you want to put an aftermarket DIN size one in, then I have a spare panel that you can use. It's the single DIN one though - most people put double DIN replacements in these days.

T

'ello! Been a while since I've seen you round here! And really, you should know better... whats the search button for, eh?? ;)

Try this: http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43241, you'll have it out in 5 mins...

There are two fuses to look at. Fuse 27 (15A) from the fuse box in the driver's foot well (clearly says 'stereo' on the panel that covers it - check i got it right with 27), and a fuse in the back of the stereo itself (10A) once all the cabling has been removed. I tried to take some pics of locations, but my phone's camera is rubbish in the dark. Lemme know if you want pics, and I'll get some tomorrow...

And I don't think the areal has anything to do with earthing, I'm sure its nothing more than an areal, but I wait to be corrected on this...

And I don't think the areal has anything to do with earthing, I'm sure its nothing more than an areal, but I wait to be corrected on this...

You're probably right Frog; I may well have been thinking of the Mk2 MR2 head unit.

'ello! Been a while since I've seen you round here! And really, you should know better... whats the search button for, eh?? ;)

Try this: http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43241, you'll have it out in 5 mins...

There are two fuses to look at. Fuse 27 (15A) from the fuse box in the driver's foot well (clearly says 'stereo' on the panel that covers it - check i got it right with 27), and a fuse in the back of the stereo itself (10A) once all the cabling has been removed. I tried to take some pics of locations, but my phone's camera is rubbish in the dark. Lemme know if you want pics, and I'll get some tomorrow...

Why use Search when u helpful dudes can do it for me.... :lol:

Have been a busy chap doing my photography biz and so forth but still arounbd just a lil' less vocal...!

!Removed! fuses are a nightmare to get to in that car - crazy Toyota making it awkward!! lol

!Removed! fuses are a nightmare to get to in that car - crazy Toyota making it awkward!! lol

Yep, lots of things are packed into that car and difficult to get to on the Celica; same with the Gens 5 and 6 to be honest. But I still love 'em.

Did you get your head unit sorted then?