Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla E12 Side+headlight Bulb Removal ?

UKDM323

Hi ya

Is there a specific way to remove the front side + headlight bulbs of a 2003 Corolla T sport (E12) or a guide somewhere here? On the drivers side it seems really tight & theres a 'ABS ecu' next to it & it says 'do not loosen' needs to be serviced by a technician' or soemthing!! so thought i wont loosen it to make more room! I only want to upgrade the light bulbs ! why do these cars have such small engine space nowadays!!! LOL

Thanks

Sadly with so many extras under the bonnet, ABS etc, getting to the headlamps can often be quicker by removing the bumper and headlamp unit, not ideal but very neccesary on some models.

Kingo :thumbsup:

They should start designing lights that open from the front

So lovely people can just walk past and steal your bulbs?

True .... but you could have something like the bonnet has so you have to do it from the inside first

They should start designing lights that open from the front

So lovely people can just walk past and steal your bulbs?

True .... but you could have something like the bonnet has so you have to do it from the inside first

That's not a bad idea!

Almost forgotten about this post, so do u need to remove the bumper to remove the headlights ? im thinking to remove or even loosen the headlights with out removing the bumper? is that possible ? i only want to change the headlight bulbs not sell bumper !lol

• 8 months later...
Look in the owners manaul under the Do It Yourself pages in the back. It gives pictured instructions, its what I used to change my bulbs.

i dont have a owners manual do you know if its online or suting?......ive tried to chnage the bulbs my self but i just dont know what to do. do u have to like twist it or something? if someone could give like step by step instructions it'll be great

its quite tricky putting back on mine has this circular spring clip!

get your hand in if you can and try undoing that clip if not id just say easier removing bumper and doing it.

• 2 years later...

i don't know why some people experience so much trouble with these bulbs. i think it's just a case of knowing how to do it you can do it blind folded. i remember when i first did i used my sisters small maekup mirror bluetak it to the pipes comin out of the abs brake thingy so you can see what you are doing and which way to get the spring off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links