Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First N I P In 39 Years

GIDDLEPIN

After getting my first speeding ticket in 39 years I have unintentionally become more of a liability on the roads.

My N.I.P. was for driving at 49 MPH on a 50 MPH road, I have no excuse and I know exactly when and where it was, I remember seeing the flash as I passed the camera on the A15 Northbound near Atterby. It was a fine day on a long clear stretch of road, I remember keeping pace with the flow of traffic and even remember the RA Navigator barking out a warning but not doing anything, that’s when I found out the cash cameras are set for height as well as speed so that HGV’s can be detected, yes I do know the limit on single carriageways it 40 MPH for an HGV and I accept my punishment…..However, now that I adhere to the speed limits set by law I find that traffic very soon builds up behind me, this makes the irate car driver take more unnecessary risks to overtake and makes the majority of the rest angry and frustrated with "the annoying, slow moving lorry".

So if you are driving on a single carriageway road and there is a long line of traffic with a lorry in front, just remember: we aren’t trying to annoy you, we are just trying to keep our licenses.

Les

So if you are driving on a single carriageway road and there is a long line of traffic with a lorry in front, just remember: we aren’t trying to annoy you, we are just trying to keep our licenses.

Les

Les, not annoying, just nessessary. Annoying is those :censor: is white vans as big as trucks, 2 inches from your back

bumper talking on mobile phones. :angry: I've often wondered if these :censor: are only driving these vans because

they dont have the brains to pass an HGV test.

Dave.

I feel for you Les and the other HGV drivers that have ended up in the same position....it's not an easy job to do either.

HGV drivers are the best on the road and I have major respect for them being able to control such a large vehicle with the amount of idiots on the road.

Apart from the elephant races up hills on the motorways :P

That is crazy Les!!!!

I always though the limit for HGVs 60 on motorways, so assumed tat it'd be the same as cars for roads where the limit is under that....

Thanks for you comments :thumbsup:

Unfortunately there are plenty of R-sole HGV drivers out there as well Robie ;) and as I said I am aware of the speed limits for trucks, as I am now aware of height meters on cash cameras :(

One good thing thoug is that my insurance company "More Than" have just noted my points on the policy and are not penalising me for it :thumbsup:

speed.jpg

Bad luck Les!

Its so easy to do in a lorry as you don't (well, I don't) want to be impeding the progress of the following traffic - especially when you're only meant to be doing 40 on a clear single carriageway :(

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links