Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Pump Problem

andyjosam

hi, when i turn my car off the fuel pump continues to run and the associated relay in the fuse box cycles on and off. only way to turn it off is to pull the relay or the pump plug. this is an intermittent fault and garage is unable to find fault. any help would be very much appreciated.

cheers

andy

Have now found the solution, it was the wiring to the VSV/VCV which had been incorrectly wired from manufacture, to resolve this problem you simply swap the two wires over and hey presto problem solved, no more flat batteries!!!

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem!

p.s. anyone got any updates for the Sat nav maps, mine release 005 and lacking some roads now !!!!!!! any help would be appreciated!!

• 2 weeks later...

just to let you all know my last message turned out to be a lie. :blink: but the garage have now found the fault and it is the main engine ecu that is faulty, to a tune of £790. but hey the garage that i bought the car from have got to pay. haha. that will teach them to sell me a faulty motor. :lol:

well here is the next installment. got car back from garage today(friday), and as soon as it was back on the drive and the fault returned :help: and to top it all the fan belt is now screeching like mad. dont i have such a brill garage!!!!!!!!!

That's cause they are all probably :censor: 18 year olds!

• 1 month later...

new update to this problem. garage i bought car from (camden renault, steer clear) finally decided it would be best to send car to a toyota dealer :thumbsup: , who after not very long indeed found the problem. it was a faulty fuel pump. an item i highlighted to the selling garage as soon as i found the fault. so fingers crossed it should now be fixed. to the tune of around another £300+ for camden. all in all it seems to have cost them around £1500 to fix the car. that will teach them to do a proper pre delivery service from now on. thanks for all the feedback from my fellow members

:D

ps: the toyota dealer was steven eagell in milton keynes. they could not have been any more helpful. thoroughly recommend them if u are in this area

• 1 month later...

hopefully this will be the last update from me on this problem. finally got the car back from the garage on friday. the problem was all down to a loose earth under the dash somewhere!!! supposedly the nut was loose and 1 of the 6 wires connected to it was detached, and another was loose. all in all a very expensive episode just glad i didnt have to pay for it. beware if your fuel pump keeps going when the engine is off, look for the earth wires.