Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav In A Corolla Runx

RunX01

Hi All new to Toyota and New to this forum. I have just brought in a Toyota Corolla RunX 2005 from Japan how do I get the sat nav and convert the radio to work here can I buy updates?. Thank you for any advice

all you need is an fm converter ,i think Halfords do one for about a tenner,as for the sat nav no software atm but i think i read somewhere that some smarty is trying to develop the s/ware so maybe in the future,who knows........

regds acer

Yes, I think there is no way, at least at the moment that we can use the Navigation system that comes preinstalled with Toyota's bought from Japan..

I am after talking to a rep from Toyota Europe and to his knowledge this system was only intended to be used in Japan and was only manufactured for the Japanese market.

It is a bit silly though when they could have developed a new software to allow it to be used while the car is in Europe..

So if anyone hears any different, please let us know. Thanks!

Yes BUT l might load up a different operating system -

I sure it can be done have to look into it thanks for your suggestion.

• 1 month later...
Yes BUT l might load up a different operating system -

I sure it can be done have to look into it thanks for your suggestion.

so how did you get on with the sat nav? ive bought an aristo twin turbo and same problem with the jap sat nav!!! will a uk nav dvd disc work?? or will a uk nav unit fit in relacement of the jap unit?

• 4 weeks later...

Im in the same situation. I bought a Toyota ALLEX from Japan and the head unit is in Japanese. I'm not bothered about the Sat Nav coz I live in Cyprus and we dont have any software maps yet but i really want to change the language settings.

Has anyone had any luck with it yet???

The seriel no is: NHDN-W54G

• 1 month later...
I may have found a solution.

Has anyone tried this company before?

They are based in New Zealand and from i can understand, they translate manuals and reprint them in English.

Only £26 with postage. not bad i think. even if its useless.

http://www.jpnz.co.nz/afawcs0131171/CATID=...uctdetails.html

Yes, getting the owners manual could be of help, but unfortunately doesn't solve the Sat Nav issue... :(

If anyone hears any news, please let us know.

Cheers!