Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Gti Worth Fixing Or Not?

The Tvis Kid

So a month or so ago i crashed my corrolla into the back of a ford focus! The damage was very superfical to the focus (a cracked bumper) but the rolla really took a beating. It still runs but i will definatly need a new front wing, two headlights, a bumper and a bonnet not to mention all the other bits of metal supports that are at the front of the engine.

Now i'm not exactly sure what parts that are damaged are needed for the structurual integrity of the car. I have taken some pics after i removed the bumper and lights. Does it look like this is worth the money or not to get it fixed? The downside is i (well it was my girlfriends) was only on 3rd party insurance so have lost everything at the moment.

Is it worth trying to fix or should i just sell it as spares or repairs. We bought the car about 3 months ago and it is in really good condition with hardly any rust and the engines is the sweetest 4age i've ever driven. There must be some people who can use the engine in a kit car. However i can't really just take the engine out so wanted to sell the car alogether. What do you think i could get for it?

DSCN1203.jpg

DSCN1204.jpg

DSCN1205.jpg

DSCN1206.jpg

looking at the damage it would be worth repairing your self. the slam panel should straighten out then its a matter of looking for bits from the breakers.

remember though that the 5 door (EE90) has different wings and bonnet.

car does look in good condition and would be a shame to break it.

if you sold as is how much are you looking at for it?

i'n not very good at recognising models from pictures--if it's and e10, theres one with an almost undamaged front end at the scrappers near me

i'n not very good at recognising models from pictures--if it's and e10, theres one with an almost undamaged front end at the scrappers near me

Its an AE92.

Does anyone know if you can just unbolt all the bits of metal off the car and replace or will i need to get it re-straightened on a jig?

As for selling it...well i'm not too sure on a price. The engine has 121K but a perfect service history so that should be worth £150 (esp as its a small port)? Then the rest of the car if broke up should be at least another £250, possibly more? So £300 - £400 for the whole car. Its MOT'd till May next year and has tax till november. I'm not sure on the legalities of driving withought a bumper etc but it can still be drives.

wings and bonnet are bolt on bud :thumbsup:

Go and buy a scrapper corolla, there are plenty of them.. £50 and you dont need to get a gti. The bits you need, you'll find on any AE92. You could find one the same colour. Its likely.

Looks like the framework is good. That chassis member, along the bottom of the radiator. Its ok? If it is still square, then youre in buisness!! Go for it. Bonnet, wings and all. That would be the easiest route. By far. :rolleyes:

Hey Mr Rolla give me details on the one you have seen plz.. i need some bits and bats...

Where abouts in Cheshire is it ? U got a number ??

Thanks..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links