Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Influx Of Lift Issues?

T Sport 1978

It seems like there has been an influx of lift issues lately... Is it that the general age of 2ZZ engines are now old enough to have problems?

Would be interesting to know what's the general mileage of 2ZZ's out there to see what is the life expectancy of these bolts.

How do you know when they need replaced?

A good guide to this is when the lift doesn't come on as strong, or not at all at times. My rolla has done 54k miles and since it reached about 51-2k, it definitely feels slightly weaker.

Lifetime of these bolts just depends how often you hit lift.

Driving with no lift is there such a thing :P

How do you know when they need replaced?

A good guide to this is when the lift doesn't come on as strong, or not at all at times. My rolla has done 54k miles and since it reached about 51-2k, it definitely feels slightly weaker.

Juts done over 60,500 in my rolla and the lift is still as good as ever, if not more so as the engine beds in more.

Ponzer, has this issue manifested itself on CTSCompressors too? If so, how would you know without a visual inspection of the bolts concerned, given that lift is not as "sharply defined" as in vanilla CTSs?

I'm wondering if approved Toyota service centres monitor this in their standard service schedules or is this something that is only coming into focus now?

Ponzer, has this issue manifested itself on CTSCompressors too? If so, how would you know without a visual inspection of the bolts concerned, given that lift is not as "sharply defined" as in vanilla CTSs?

I'm wondering if approved Toyota service centres monitor this in their standard service schedules or is this something that is only coming into focus now?

Both normal TS and Compressor have the same engine so Compressor should also have this "liftbolt problem".. I can't feel any lift in my Compressor so we have to open the valve cover to see if they are OK or not.

Sorry for my english.

Whats the toyota part number for the lift bolts and how many do you need to buy?

I think it's just two bolts, cost around 2pounds i'm not sure. I would also like to get the part number as my car is 6 years old in 3 months time and have done almost 42k miles. So probably time for me to change too.

Armz.

If you guys read Juan's thread a couple below this oen (at time of posting this) then he has lots of photos detailing the process of changing them - including the picture below which I believe shows the part number:

15022007194xe5.jpg

Both normal TS and Compressor have the same engine so Compressor should also have this "liftbolt problem".. I can't feel any lift in my Compressor so we have to open the valve cover to see if they are OK or not.

Sorry for my english.

I thought maybe that was so. How many km have you done with yours?

Why are you apologising for your English? It's far better than a lot of our native English writers! Thanks for the photo set too. With those, who needs words?

Sorry for my english.

I thought maybe that was so. How many km have you done with yours?

Why are you apologising for your English? It's far better than a lot of our native English writers! Thanks for the photo set too. With those, who needs words?

I have done 33.000km (~20.505mile) but im only going to change it in 40-50k km... Better be save then sorry, if your liftbolts will slit to two parts your fvcked :P

I have done 33.000km (~20.505mile) but im only going to change it in 40-50k km... Better be save then sorry, if your liftbolts will slit to two parts your fvcked :P

Cool.

Sensible advice for those who are technically competent (and out of warranty).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links