Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should I, Shouldn't I?

philjones1978

I'm thinking about getting an induction kit for my ae111 1.6 but have heard that induction kits can actually 'suck' in hot air from the engine thus reducing power. Would a performance filter on its own be better?

i have exactly the same car and i got my filter from tuneacar.co.uk. i got a massive OBX cone filter and just need to run a cold air feed to the bumper. i got about 10hp from mine so theyre definitely worthwhile. you have to get one with the hole drilled for the temp sensor aswell. they work out at about £70

hope this helps

ed

Dont worry about running a cold air pipe to the front just take off the lid to the old air filter box and filter, and just below is the original air intake. Thats what ive done.

post-50-1070044093.jpg

i want to change the piping for mine as the intake pipe comes out behind the headlight which is rather stupid, and it also restricts that awesome roar due to not taking in anywhere near enough air

If you are worried about hot air being sucked in and you want a cone filter, make sure you have adequate heat sheilding. Either a sheet of metal or 'something' to keep heat away from the filter or buy a filter with a heat shield on the cone such as the Blitz sonic, (not sure if this will fit your car but you will see from the pics what the heat shielding is all about. :thumbsup:

Look at my homepage under "aanpassingen aan de G6-R "

there are to pictures of how i made my coldairintake with the original airbox with a K&N drop infilter and it works good

let me hear what you think B)

lol...this might sound like a total n00bish question but is there a difference between an air intake kit and an air induction kit?

up front where the air goes in it sounds like a vacumcleaner

it sucks the air right in :P

b4 u go out spending big bucks hav e ahtink and see if its worth it spending rediculous amounts of money on a power increase that is almost not noticable. u should spend ur cash on a bigger boost like a xhaust....

ineCactus, yes it will suc hot air and u will lose power, unless u put ur filter forward more it come forward more beside the radiato.

b4 u go out spending big bucks hav e ahtink and see if its worth it spending rediculous amounts of money on a power increase that is almost not noticable. u should spend ur cash on a bigger boost like a xhaust....

but a xorst is only part of the equation a bigger tuned exhaust will let the gas flow out quicker but that no good if there is no extra gas going in in the first place....

filter and xorst go hand in hand.

yes you should try to either vent hot air away or flow cold air in, the best scenario is both....:)

a well designed and thoughtfully placed bonnet vent will allow the airflow to maximise over the engine, remember heat rises quickly.

if you shield your filter you should vent into the shielded area.

If you look at different vents their are normally 3 types

1) ones with fins to direct airflow, these are best used to direct cold air in

2) ones that are just 'holes' these are best for venting hot air out

3) ones that look like scoops, these are pretty poor alround but better for venting cold air in (unless you fit them backwards)

Next time you see a non-scooby with a ugly scooby vent near the windscreen laugh out loud, at speed this will create a 'cold air curtain down the firewall keeping the hot air in.... LOFL.

vents are worth while but its what's underneath them, that is slightly more important....

remember hot air out, cold air in and you'll be fine :)

When you look at the WRC championship an you look at the Peugeot WRC team when they do service on there rallycars you can see a sort of a flat tube from the bonnetsgrill to the airfilter and the flat tube becomes a sort of an Bucket that goes over the Airfilter to get only cold air from outside the motorbay thats the way to make it thats the way i have done it from a hole on the rightside in my TTE frontbumperspoiler and than with a hose to the orginal airbox with a K&N drop infilter :thumbsup: