Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Rambling Question

Captain Weirdbeard

I need to change some of my a/c details now that I've been here for a bit. I signed up at the request of my good friend and partner in crime, Trucker jack. He bought a CTScompressor and wanted to know what was being said on t'net but without actually having to learn computers. As I drive a Toyota myself I signed up with the profile that you can see. That is how I came to be here.

Now I think it is time to tidy up my site profile by modifying my screen name to just "Captain Weirdbeard". I can still forward stuff to our jack as and when but not confuse people by appearing to have two names.

How can I tweak my existing account to get the result I'm after please?

Drop a PM to Giddlepin or Steve and they might change the details for you if you ask nicely !!

( I was kind of hoping that this would be a question about Rambling.....maybe next time eh )

Drop a PM to Giddlepin or Steve and they might change the details for you if you ask nicely !!

( I was kind of hoping that this would be a question about Rambling.....maybe next time eh )

Tried that. Not trying it again thanks.

Start a new account with the desired name.

Start a new account with the desired name.

I was trying that earlier. I couldn't do it then but I had not deleted this account in case there was a simple way of doing it or having it done by someone like your good self.

As a last resort I might delete the current one and try to create it again like you say. I think the snag is that I really want to keep my screen name "Captain Weirdbeard" if at all possible. I'm not sure though, if the board will remember and prevent the new account using that name. That is what is happening now too.

It would also be nice to keep the privileges that I've earned, of course but not really bothered about it.

Night night. You'll have to stop up without me, I'm afraid. Catch you later today.

Unfortunatly I dont have the powers to change members accounts.

If you started from fresh with that name it should work fine as the name isnt taken.

If you started from fresh with that name it should work fine as the name isnt taken.

Cheers big ears. I might change over at the weekend. See you next time as Captain Weirdbeard (or similar).

Unfortunately the ONLY way to change your current username to a new one, whilst retaining your current postcount etc etc, is to ask a member of the management team to do it for you... I know for a 100% fact that you won't get hold of Giddlepin untill at least Tuesday (possibly Monday evening) so if you can't wait untill then I suggest you try Steve.

I recall the last time where you weren't too happy about not receiving a reply to your PM's, Giddlepin explained the reason he couldn't post a reply.. this time (If you do PM him).. he won't receive it untill at least Monday night.. you must also remember that people have a life away from their computers and aren't always available to answer as soon as you would hope.

The alternative is to sign up with a new account, be aware that you might also need to use a different E-mail address to register again, you would also loose your current post count.

Unfortunately the ONLY way to change your current username to a new one, whilst retaining your current postcount etc etc, is to ask a member of the management team to do it for you... I know for a 100% fact that you won't get hold of Giddlepin untill at least Tuesday (possibly Monday evening) so if you can't wait untill then I suggest you try Steve.

I recall the last time where you weren't too happy about not receiving a reply to your PM's, Giddlepin explained the reason he couldn't post a reply.. this time (If you do PM him).. he won't receive it untill at least Monday night.. you must also remember that people have a life away from their computers and aren't always available to answer as soon as you would hope.

The alternative is to sign up with a new account, be aware that you might also need to use a different E-mail address to register again, you would also loose your current post count.

Thanks for the gen. It looks like I'm stuffed then. Never mind.

No your not stuffed mate.

I can change your username.. but you cannot split posts etc. (if i read that right)

PM me your desired username you want me to change.

• Like 1

No your not stuffed mate.

I can change your username.. but you cannot split posts etc. (if i read that right)

PM me your desired username you want me to change.

Cheers Steve.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links