Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excessive Moderating Nanny Forum Etc...

Karma Supra

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pompey Gaz

• Captain Weirdbeard

• JappyBeast

• T V O R

had an interview in peterborough but didn't get it! still looking but also looking at normal full time jobs atm for a bit of money

is the lucky number 7 a tip there for me? ;)

No-ones perfect.... I believe Steve apologised for those post changes Amy.... therefore it should all be in the past and done and dusted.

Once again, I believe all the moderating team do the best job they can, we have to try and use good judgement - sometimes that works and sometimes it doesnt, but nothing we do is ever personal and it should never be taken that way - so don't make it personal towards a moderator either - its just not fair to berate a member of the team publically. By all means if someone has a problem with a moderators decision then PM them personally - don't start a slagging match on the forums.

can we have a flogging please?

it would be a nice opportunity to bond :)

We can combine the 2!! Flogging + bonding=bondage!! Everyones a winner!

No-ones perfect.... I believe Steve apologised for those post changes Amy.... therefore it should all be in the past and done and dusted.

Once again, I believe all the moderating team do the best job they can, we have to try and use good judgement - sometimes that works and sometimes it doesnt, but nothing we do is ever personal and it should never be taken that way - so don't make it personal towards a moderator either - its just not fair to berate a member of the team publically. By all means if someone has a problem with a moderators decision then PM them personally - don't start a slagging match on the forums.

Well said.

I gather, as a new member, that any real problems have been discussed as you outline above and that the recent unrest is just a touch of sour grapes on the part of a couple or more members who are otherwise ok.

I think you should all sit in a circle and listen to the Floyd with the lights out

I think you should all sit in a circle and listen to the Floyd with the lights out

BurnsExcellentSticker.jpg

Personally I am disgusted by some of the comments made in this thread. Who out there has a right to appraise the decision of a moderator? A person selected by the management to carry out the task of maintaining this forum in his/her spare time.

It's not very often I say 'my bit' but the way I see it, we (moderators/management) offer a free service to this forum driven by a mutual interest in the club by maintaining the boards.

Today I logged in to find 4 PM's reporting threads that needed to be seen to, what if we couldnt be bothered to maintain this forum and protect the paying members privalages?

As the thread is titled 'Excessive Moderating' in my opinion is a joke, this forum is nothing compared to some forums I can name, just because ONE thread is closed it sparks up a negative, team desroying thread that I find unacceptable.

It's so easy to jump on the blame/hate band wagon rather than offering praise to the people who contribute to the club wether they are members, non paying members or management.

I'd like to see people being responsible for their own feelings. it isnt the closure of the thread that made anyone angry its the thoughts they had about the closure... henceforth its not the moderator but nice irrational thought processes at fault here... they(the ppl having the thoughts) know who they are :)

and sry for the flogging remark... i was just hoping i could perhaps get my derrier flogged by a TOC hottie for nada :D (I CAN DREAM DAMNIT!!!)

Personally I am disgusted by some of the comments made in this thread. Who out there has a right to appraise the decision of a moderator? A person selected by the management to carry out the task of maintaining this forum in his/her spare time.

It's so easy to jump on the blame/hate band wagon rather than offering praise to the people who contribute to the club wether they are members, non paying members or management.

It’s that sort of attitude and response that antagonises people.

I have an absolute ‘right’ to judge or evaluate a moderator when, and I quote (from Senior management) a disproportionate response is made by a member of the moderating team when my posts are altered without reasonable reason to suit themselves.

I have an absolute ‘right’ to judge or evaluate a moderator when I’m incorrectly accused of being a racist (subsequently altered AGAIN by Senior Management)

I have an absolute ‘right’ to judge or evaluate a moderator when their fist remark after ‘promotion’ is “Who can I ban first?” That kind of sets the tone which has proved correct.

I have an absolute ‘right’ to judge or evaluate a moderator when my signatures and avatars are changed or deleted as a joke to impress their friends.

And I have an absolute ‘right’ to judge or evaluate a moderator when I wish to express my opinion and reply to comments privately or publicly without reproach.

Praise when praise is due, but can you not see the common denominator in all this? Can you not see who or what the catalyst is? We have had similar in the past, and they were subsequently removed from that position and things returned to 'normal'.

How long do you need?

Who is the moderator in question?

Please give your reasons too.

You have won first prize in the Wooden Spoon Award. I can do my stirring; I don’t need you to fuel any fires!

If you need to ask then you don’t need to know.

You can get your cheap thrills elsewhere, OK?! :thumbsup:

No,

You have NO right to judge or evaluate a moderator. It is the managements role, not yours.

It is all just in your opinion at the end of the day, as I said before, moderator appraisal is not for one who just posts.

If you have issues, put it to the management.

I can have opinions on who I want when I want moderator or not, they are no less important than yours. No one is any more special than the next member. Elitist attitudes are the underlying reason for the problems mentioned in this thread.

The issues I had (past tense) where dealt with quickly and efficiently by senior management and offending wrists were slapped. I wanted them chopped off but I can’t have things all my own way!

Do you have any www. links so I can find some please?

I think it boils down to "Opinions are like ***** holes, everyone’s got one but I don’t necessarily need to see yours!" Mods are here to keep the club within the T&C's.

The club *used to have a bit more of a Excessive Moderating Nanny Forum about it I will agree but I think it has got better!

If thread or any other like it wont be closed as it's good to air all this stuff, If there are problems then they only get fixed by people talking! So unless Steve closes the thread or people start to bad mouth TOC it will stay open and hopefully people will air all the probs and then we can fix it.

^^ Very true; the excessive moderation was terrible way back when, and it's eleventy billion times better now.

Also agree that it's good to discuss in general terms the reasons for closing threads.

In my opinion, if a thread is dying there's no need to close it. Conversely, if people want to post in them why shouldn't the threads live on, there's nothing to force anyone who isn't interested to join in. Unless they're offensive or against the rules and regs of the club, in which clase of course they should be locked.

I don't think there's any need for it to get personal though. As someone said in the thread that was closed, it's only the internet.

Who is the moderator in question?

Please give your reasons too.

You have won first prize in the Wooden Spoon Award. I can do my stirring; I don’t need you to fuel any fires!

If you need to ask then you don’t need to know.

Oh good grief.

If you can't see that I'm trying to understand your problem - and make no mistake here it is definitely your problem - then you are more bent out of shape than I thought. Trouble is - you are making it everyone else's problem too. I asked you once before to either come out and say precisely your gripe is or let it go. That would have been the adult way to deal with your grievance...

If you want to make snide remarks to me, fine. Let's step outside and sort it, if I'm not out there with you in the next couple of minutes you can carry on beating yourself up.

I've had enough of your generalised ranting and I've been spanked by you just now for politely asking what the trouble is. In the same breath, you have the temerity to give me the wooden spoon. Take a step back and ask yourself exactly who is doing the stirring.

Your rudeness has confirmed that you should go on my Ignore list. Is that what you really want? You can have pride of place as number one and only TOC member who's posts will never again be seen by me - that should make you a bit happier.

Step up and claim your prize dude.

I have an absolute ‘right’ to judge or evaluate a moderator when their fist remark after ‘promotion’ is “Who can I ban first?” That kind of sets the tone which has proved correct.

Please tell me that this grudge of yours hasn't stemmed from a throwaway comment a member made joking about the new powers he had just received when he became a moderator

tbh thats the sort of comment i would have made. lol

And Cptn. Weirdbeard, Just Leave T V O R he hasn't responded to your questions maturely. It seems he just wants to make trouble.

T V O R jebus just take a step back and think to yourself: were these things said seriously or as a joke? i can see it being the second one. so take a step back, stop making it personal and relax, maybe you will make more friends that way? instead of beating people down when they want to know whats gone on between you and red yaris. What's the harm in explaining your greivence instead of sounding like an idiot?

I only wanted to know why it had been closed for apparently no reason.....

As someone said this forum used to be waaaaaaaay over moderated, which is why it pretty much died on its feet.

Luckily that seems pretty much past us now, - which is why in my opinion mods should be careful and think twice before taking action that doesn't need to be taken.

I have been a member of this forum for a LONG time, longer then most and seen it go through many changes, I have learnt a lot and passed on a lot, I don’t particularly want to see it revert to the overly PC, excessively moderated (I know weirdie likes that term :P) ghost town that it was a few months back.

It is for this reason that I aired my thoughts on the closure of the other thread, not a personal attack at the mod in question. It seems that others feel the same.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links