Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wiring Kits

sandeep89

hi

this would be the first time i have got bits together to add Speakers to my car. i have bought an amplifier, and know that i need a wiring kit, but i dont have a clue exactly what im looking for...

i found this one on ebay:

6M, 8GA CLEAR RED WOVEN POWER CABLE

1.2M, 8GA CLEAR BLACK WOVEN GROUND CABLE

6M, CLEAR GREED RCA CABLE

6M, 14GA SPEAKER CABLE

6M, 18GA BLUE TRIGGER WIRE

ACCESORIES

1 X 60A AGU FUSE HOLDER WITH 60AMP FUSE PRE-INSTALLED

2 X 8GA RING TERMINALS

2 X 8GA SPADE TERMINALS

5 X SPADE TERMINALS

2 X 18-22GA BUTT CONNECTORS

1 X 8GA BUTT CONNECTOR

3 SELF TAPPING SCREWS

20 X CABLE TIES

1.8M SPLIT LOOM TUBING

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PRO-QUALITY-OXYGEN-F...1QQcmdZViewItem

i don't know if this is the sorta thing that i should be looking for... was told that the higher the gague of the wires the better it is or something, and speaker cables with 14ga seem good, but as i said i have no real idea what im looking for.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

sandeep

6M, 8GA CLEAR RED WOVEN POWER CABLE = Positive Power Cable for Amp, from Battery to Amp

1.2M, 8GA CLEAR BLACK WOVEN GROUND CABLE = Negative Power Cable for Amp

6M, CLEAR GREED RCA CABLE = Signal Cable between H/U and Amp

6M, 14GA SPEAKER CABLE = Speaker Cable from Amp to Speakers

6M, 18GA BLUE TRIGGER WIRE = Switchable/Remote Power Cable between H/U and Amp to turn Amp On

ACCESORIES

1 X 60A AGU FUSE HOLDER WITH 60AMP FUSE PRE-INSTALLED = Fuse for Positive Power Cable feed, install close to battery as you can

2 X 8GA RING TERMINALS = This is used to terminate cabling either positive/negative cables

2 X 8GA SPADE TERMINALS = These are used to terminate cabling either positive/negative cables

5 X SPADE TERMINALS = These are used to terminate cabling for speaker cables

2 X 18-22GA BUTT CONNECTORS = This is used to terminate the cable for the Switchable/Remote cable

1 X 8GA BUTT CONNECTOR = Not Sure

3 SELF TAPPING SCREWS

20 X CABLE TIES

1.8M SPLIT LOOM TUBING = This is to protect any cables where it could get easily tangled and a tidy tube

i don't know if this is the sorta thing that i should be looking for... was told that the higher the gague of the wires the better it is or something, and speaker cables with 14ga seem good, but as i said i have no real idea what im looking for.

When you say, the higher the gauge the better, which way do you mean?

Your main power cable is only 8 gauge, depending on how big your amp going to be, i say use 4 gauge cable.

The smaller the cable number, the bigger/fatter the cable, so a zero (0) gauge cable is about the size of a two pound coin circumference, it's that big!! A 18 gauge cable is the opposite, this will be about the size of a mobile phone charger cable.

Bigger cables will reduce resistance within the cable, any sort of resistance will generate heat and so then get warm, and might even lead to a cable meltdown which then leads to a fire.

Hope this help so far, feel free to fire out any more questions you might have

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links