Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4th Yr Service.

jf2404

Got my 4th yr service due soon.

Is their any point going to the main dealer for the service as it's out of it's warrenty ?.

Also whats the book price for a 4 yr service before anything that is needed is added @ a dealer ?.

Am I right in saying you needed A main dealer to service it during it's warrenty for the Toyota parts ?, if I go elsewhere , do I still need Toyota parts or will any do ?.

Just sick of paying £200+ for a service when i'm getting shot of it when it's paid off (Dec 08).

Also if anyone knows of a reliable service place in the North East , please let me know.

Got my 4th yr service due soon.

Is their any point going to the main dealer for the service as it's out of it's warrenty ?.

Also whats the book price for a 4 yr service before anything that is needed is added @ a dealer ?.

Am I right in saying you needed A main dealer to service it during it's warrenty for the Toyota parts ?, if I go elsewhere , do I still need Toyota parts or will any do ?.

Just sick of paying £200+ for a service when i'm getting shot of it when it's paid off (Dec 08).

Also if anyone knows of a reliable service place in the North East , please let me know.

4th year service is around £250 from Mr. T!

You do not HAVE TO have any service done at a main dealer!

The only stipulation, regarding warrenty is it must be at the right intervals (roughly) and you must use approved (Toyota) parts were needed. In a recent (motor)bike mag, they discovered very little real difference in vehicle value to a bike serviced at the main dealer and one done at a quality service center.

If you factor in the savings, it makes not a lot of difference to the resale value, over the cost spent on the vehicle. That said, some people will only buy dealer serviced, whilst others don't even ask for the history!

I think it is up to how you feel your money is best spent. Save a little on regular maintainance, get a little less in re-sale value. If you have had main services all the time til now, it may be wise to stick with it for your last one or two and use that as a selling point!

It may be worth asking Toyota about thier older vehicle servicce pricing as they were offeing lower rates to owners of older models, to encourage them to "Keep it Toyota". B)

• 1 month later...

Thanks.

Service due now really, still wondering to take to Mr T or another garage using Bosch parts.

£250+ from Mr T or around £100 elsewhere.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links