Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio/fascia Question.

enbeekay

Hi.

I've recently got a kenwod DPX500U double din stereo for my 7th gen celica to replace the standard toyota stereo (unfortunately i forgot to get my sony stereo removed from my first celica (pre-face lift model with the nicer green led's :P) when it got written off) but unfortunately due to the strangeness of toyota the stereo i removed is a fair bit wider than the normal double din size so there's 2 gaping holes either side of my new stereo.

As i got this used from my brother...he didnt have any fascia's to fit to it to make it look right.

I've seen alot of fascia's online that enable you to use single din stereo's but i cant for the life of me find any fascia's for use with after market double din stereo's

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi.

I've recently got a kenwod DPX500U double din stereo for my 7th gen celica to replace the standard toyota stereo (unfortunately i forgot to get my sony stereo removed from my first celica (pre-face lift model with the nicer green led's :P) when it got written off) but unfortunately due to the strangeness of toyota the stereo i removed is a fair bit wider than the normal double din size so there's 2 gaping holes either side of my new stereo.

As i got this used from my brother...he didnt have any fascia's to fit to it to make it look right.

I've seen alot of fascia's online that enable you to use single din stereo's but i cant for the life of me find any fascia's for use with after market double din stereo's

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My standard Sony/Toyota stereo had a narrow black blanking plate that went all the way around, and filled in the two gaps down the sides, like you mention. Designed specifically to screw into the underside of the dash plate. Not a clue what I've done with it now, but if mine came as standard it may be worth asking at Mr T if you don't get any joy from anyone on here or eBay.

My standard Sony/Toyota stereo had a narrow black blanking plate that went all the way around, and filled in the two gaps down the sides, like you mention. Designed specifically to screw into the underside of the dash plate. Not a clue what I've done with it now, but if mine came as standard it may be worth asking at Mr T if you don't get any joy from anyone on here or ebay.

Yeah my first celica had a sony WX-C570R cd/cassette player in it. If this second car would have had the same i would have been quite happy with it but when they face lifeted the celica 7th gen (slightly changed the nose and rear lights and made all the inside LED's orange instead of green) they stuck a bog standard toyota cd player in...which picks up radio signals pretty poorly where i am.

And after searching eBay again and googling alot i still cant find a fascia so im going to try my local toyota dealership tomorrow although i doubt they'll be very helpful :/

(on a side note, this is how my first celica ended up (and im kicking myself for not gettin the cd ripped out (oh and it wasnt my fault)))

and the seats in that car were much comfier than the 1 i have now :( leather was much softer and green LED's are so much nicer than orange...sorry for the little rant :P

crash2.jpg

Nasty - I hope no-one was hurt in that. Looks like the door is somewhere near where a passenger's legs woould have been. :(

Nasty - I hope no-one was hurt in that. Looks like the door is somewhere near where a passenger's legs woould have been. :(

aye nobody was hurt, would have been if i had a passenger...and the door got trashed as did the front wing.

Rear wing got bent, front axle, suspension, wheel hub, twisted the floor/seat rollers under the seat, moved the dashboard, bent the a-pillar and crushed a can of coke that was in the drinks holder :/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Just a quick update...

I got my bezel from toyota (it took a while because i could only get there on saturdays...and they ordered the brackets instead of bezel first time round >.<)

So now i've got 1 and it looks great...just no screws to screw it in with (damnit)

• 2 months later...
Hi. Just a quick update...

I got my bezel from toyota (it took a while because i could only get there on saturdays...and they ordered the brackets instead of bezel first time round >.<)

So now i've got 1 and it looks great...just no screws to screw it in with (damnit)

Hi,

Just a quick question, where did you get his from and what was the part number? Since when I rang my local toyota dealership they couldn't supply anything! :(

Edit, never mind, I have found this out : see here!

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links