Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Motor

sandy white

hi there,new to this.Just bought myself a low mileage st 185.So i rushed out and bought drilled and grooved f&r disks/pads,full ss exhaust and aussie de cat pipe, a viper carbon induction kit and a turbo bleed valve.

So i was wondering what sort of power do you think i may be putting out,i know it is just an estimate but you guys will know better than me.

Also where is the best place to buy rear suspension bushes.

Is there any sort of performance advantage to fitting a dump valve?

All replies will be gratefully received.

cheers sandy.

hi there,new to this.Just bought myself a low mileage st 185.So i rushed out and bought drilled and grooved f&r disks/pads,full ss exhaust and aussie de cat pipe, a viper carbon induction kit and a turbo bleed valve.

So i was wondering what sort of power do you think i may be putting out,i know it is just an estimate but you guys will know better than me.

cheers sandy.

id think you would have probably added max of 15bhp to it. so in all honestly you are probably producing what it did when it came out of the factory. around 200 i think?

depending on the age, condition, fual, and weather conditions your bhp could vari dramatically from when the car was new

cheers sandy.

id think you would have probably added max of 15bhp to it. so in all honestly you are probably producing what it did when it came out of the factory. around 200 i think?

depending on the age, condition, fual, and weather conditions your bhp could vari dramatically from when the car was new

dam, was hoping for more as the engine has only done 23,ooo from new wi full history.

cheers

One way to find out.. take a trip to Dastek in Dalgety Bay and put it on the rollers.

One way to find out.. take a trip to Dastek in Dalgety Bay and put it on the rollers.

cheers davy.didn't know there was a 4wd rolling road so close to home.cheers

• 2 weeks later...

if i was you i'd get rid of the bleed valve, the standard head gasket is a gentle thing and really doesn't like raised boost. i made my 252 BHP on similar mods and a few choice others including an E-Manage to controll fuel and timing but the head gasket didn't last long with the 1 bar of boost, or was it 1.1, either way it went pop. never got round to getting it rolling roaded again after changing the HG for a metal one and modifying it some more :( had to sell it. if your wanting any help with what to buy and/or mapping questions then give me a shout, used to love the run thru to fife when i had mine but unfortunately wouldn't be willing to do that run to fix a car when there's plenty here that keep me busy

if i was you i'd get rid of the bleed valve, the standard head gasket is a gentle thing and really doesn't like raised boost. i made my 252 BHP on similar mods and a few choice others including an E-Manage to controll fuel and timing but the head gasket didn't last long with the 1 bar of boost, or was it 1.1, either way it went pop. never got round to getting it rolling roaded again after changing the HG for a metal one and modifying it some more :( had to sell it. if your wanting any help with what to buy and/or mapping questions then give me a shout, used to love the run thru to fife when i had mine but unfortunately wouldn't be willing to do that run to fix a car when there's plenty here that keep me busy

cheers mate,would you suggest a metal head gasket as i have heard folk talking about these. and what size do i fit as there seems to be about 3 different sizes.was trying to fit a fcd and found out that car has been superchiped?so i didn't bother as car seems to be running really well.do you think i should remove the superchip or just leave it in there.

cheers for your response mate.

cam't say i've ever heard of a GT4 with a superchip, could you post a picture of it?

i would highly recomend a metal head gasket, try going for the thinest one possible if your not wanting to modify the engine too much as the thicker the gasket the less power you'll have lower down, and rep[lace the head studs with ARP ones as they are the best and cost not much more than a set of standard ones

cam't say i've ever heard of a GT4 with a superchip, could you post a picture of it?

i would highly recomend a metal head gasket, try going for the thinest one possible if your not wanting to modify the engine too much as the thicker the gasket the less power you'll have lower down, and rep[lace the head studs with ARP ones as they are the best and cost not much more than a set of standard ones

will try to get a pic of the chip tomorrow as i think i,m bringing the car down from where i have it stored.your a star mate,and a fountain of knowledge.glad you are here as i don,t know what i,m doing with turbo motors.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links