Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeeky Gear Box

Surinder

when i got home last night i noticed the clutch pedal was making strange noises. took it to toyota dealer this morning, and its booked in next week for fixing under waranty. the squeek itself is coming from the gear box.

I get a squeek from my gearbox when moving the stick from neutral to the right and another one when moving it from the right up into fifth. :ph34r:

What could it be? :huh:

don't know mate, mine sqeekes every time the clutch pedal is dropped. And the noise is from the engine bay itself, not from within the car.

don't know mate, mine sqeekes every time the clutch pedal is dropped. And the noise is from the engine bay itself, not from within the car.

Wait for it mate. They are going to blame that you have got bigger tyres than normal and thats why the gearbox is under strain :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

jerry!!

don't know mate, mine sqeekes every time the clutch pedal is dropped.  And the noise is from the engine bay itself, not from within the car.

Wait for it mate. They are going to blame that you have got bigger tyres than normal and thats why the gearbox is under strain :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

jerry!!

i wouldnt put it past them :ffs:

i've got same prob, my dealer in stourbridge says that it is where sum part of the pedal goes through the bulkhead and into the engine bay, they reakon that given an hour and sum copper grease they would have it sorted.... anoying though.

squeaky gearbox.............thatll be cos of the bean tin of a zorst ya got buddy!

:lol:

i've got same prob, my dealer in stourbridge says that it is where sum part of the pedal goes through the bulkhead and into the engine bay, they reakon that given an hour and sum copper grease they would have it sorted.... anoying though.

Thats what they thought intially, but when he took a closer look/listen he thinks its something from inside the gearbox itsesf. Mine only does it once the engine has warmed up and done a few miles.

Jaxx..

Heinz bean tin mate !! only the best for my car :)

after about 16500 miles mine started to do it.

i thought it was me driving it hard all the time?

i've just gone past 14k, cars about 20 months old

but they have been 14k of gentle sunday driving... honest :mellow:

I've just gone past 14k, cars about 20 months old

but they have been 14k of gentle sunday driving... honest :mellow:

ha ha come on stop it you're hurting my sides Surinder :P

jerry!!

:censor:

took the car in, and guess what the gear box stopped squeaking. So they kept it anyway and had a look round to see if they could spot anything out of place. but nothing.

so picked it back up again, within 5 minutes of leaving the dealer, eek, eek, eek at every gear change :ffs:

so went straight back to dealer, while parking up and noticed it had gone all quiet again :ffs:

typical !

:censor:

took the car in, and guess what the gear box stopped squeaking. So they kept it anyway and had a look round to see if they could spot anything out of place. but nothing.

so picked it back up again, within 5 minutes of leaving the dealer, eek, eek, eek at every gear change :ffs:

so went straight back to dealer, while parking up and noticed it had gone all quiet again :ffs:

typical !

its not funny but it does make ya smile :)

Hi Surinder

You need to leave the car over night at Toyota. And then take one of the mechanic out with you on a test drive that way you can point out the noise to them. Sounds like it's only on start up when cold. After the gearbox oil has got hot the noise disappears?? Sounds like they have only got 5 minutes to spot the fault :crybaby:

jerry!!

Hi Surinder

You need to leave the car over night at Toyota. And then take one of the mechanic out with you on a test drive that way you can point out the noise to them. Sounds like it's only on start up when cold. After the gearbox oil has got hot the noise disappears?? Sounds like they have only got 5 minutes to spot the fault :crybaby:

jerry!!

Unfortunatly not, it seems completly random at the moment :huh:

Just have to wait and see...

Oh well mate you will have to just listen out for it and get it along to Toyota as quick as possible Then you hear the noise again.

jerry!!

sorted, happend yesterday and showed it to them.

they think its a dry nylon point?

will have to wait and see next week.

sorted, happend yesterday and showed it to them.

they think its a dry nylon point?

will have to wait and see next week.

Thats good so at least they dont think that you are making it all up. Hopefully they will sort it all out for you.

jerry!!

well its been booked in next week for three days :eek:

seems the thrust bearings have gone :blink:

And from they way they knew what it was after hearing the noise themselves i would say i am not 1st to have complained about it. And to make things worse i had complained about the noise earlier this year, some peeps may recall a post about a whining noise from the engine a while back before the big crash.

hi

my last YTS had a squeeking noise that turn out to be the clutch bearings took 3 mouths before i got it to do it at the dealer then the technician say oh yeah thats the clutch bearing.

at the mo the only thing that i got is a clonking when the going over speed humps and bumps in the roads the dealer changed the anti-roll bar bushes too only happend since i had the lowering springs fitted.

Didnt know the yts had an anti roll bar..

i take it it only has one at the front? as i havent seen anything like that at the back.

Thats whats gone on mine as well, clutch bearings. one techy says it was the clutch bearings, the other said thrust bearings. Don't know much about gear boxes so just asked them to fix whatever is faulty.

as for the clonk noise, they may have put the springs on wrong. There was another post sometime ago regarding the same kind of problem after a spring change. I'll see if i can track it down.

Posted by Surinder on Dec 12 2003, 12:00 AM

"as for the clonk noise, they may have put the springs on wrong. There was another post sometime ago regarding the same kind of problem after a spring change. I'll see if i can track it down"

That was probably my thread guys.

I have the mysterious clunk since lowering as well. :angry:

I've been back to my friendly mechanic and we've taken the thing apart 2-3 times, checked for possible play in the suspension components and found nothing. I was thinking of getting my sway bar bushes changed but they are in perfect working order. We also added a piece of silicone hose to uppermost threads of the springs that might be knocking on each other.

THE NOISE IS STILL THERE!!!! :ffs:

I recently read on a german Toyota club forum that it might be the brake calipers clapping about..... Not too sure but it's worth a check, eh?!

Come on lads, we have to solve this one.... :(

hi

TS Flea

gald iam not the only one with this problem just a thought has you motor had trouble with wheel balancing before you had your car lowered as mine did and when the car was lowered and it kind of went then the klonking started i was woundering if the shocker's have some kind of defect?

i am due a service soon i'll ask the dearler agian unless i get tempted to buy a new car.

got the car back 2 days ago, but only really driven it today and they seemed to have sorted it out.

Clutch and gearbox stripped and rebuilt, replaced thrust bolts or summat like that.

Time will tell how long the fix lasts.