Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Front Shocks Removal?

knightrider

Three bolts on top under the bonnet (14mm), two bolts on the bottom of the shock absorber (17 or 19mm cant remember), then check alls removed from the side i.e brake lines aren't attached, then slide it out.

BE WARNED!

You have now altered your alignment and need it reset, also when you jack the car up go off the sill so the front suspension drops down and is not compressed.

GOOD LUCK!

BE WARNED!

You have now altered your alignment and need it reset, also when you jack the car up go off the sill so the front suspension drops down and is not compressed.

GOOD LUCK!

:eek:

I didn't have mine re aligned. Took it to toyota dealer who did a small mini alignment test and said everything seemed ok.

Dan.. can the whole shock be removed while the car is jacked up from the sill? when i changed my springs i had a really hard time trying to get the shock assembly out. Is there an easy way to remove the whole shock, that doesnt involve losing bits of fingers? :crutchy:

i will prob get the alignment checked wen i go 2 get my trackin dun but my dad did 2 on the skoda(newish n reg) work car for lad works for him and he sed it all seemed fine but ill get it checked ne way 2 b on the safe side

cheers

lee :thumbsup:

the f series 5" i think they came out of a mates car cuz he wrote it off they only cost me a tenner but im gonna go for full vibe or infinity i think cant decide whichever ends up cheaper,

and infinity runs wel with sony headunit,

sounds like we have similar cars

wot do u think of ur induction kit?

i love the sound of mine and it seems to make it accelerate so much betta, im currently takin lessons in a 1.2 clio cuz sum idiot totalled my instructors mini while i was drivin and i think my yaris would eat it for breakfast

cheers

i will prob get the alignment checked wen i go 2 get my trackin dun but my dad did 2 on the skoda(newish n reg) work car for lad works for him and he sed it all seemed fine but ill get it checked ne way 2 b on the safe side

cheers

The mini check should be free, mine was :thumbsup:

2 rite knightrider, we would eat most 1.2's on the road 4 breakfast!!!

Yeh, my induction kit sounds well good know that its cold outside (didn't sound as good in the summer) and how easy wos it 2 fit? Took me bout 5 mins max!!!

:thumbsup:

yeah surinder i hope my check is free tho i do kno the bloke that is doin it so b cheap ne way!

ryan i have only just fiited my kit i did it in seconds but i hd to put mine at an angle because othawise it touches the air con pipe and will wear it away wen accelratin and brakin it was movin and makin a horrid sound :(

all is good now but i am going to put an air feed 2 the filter too 2 keep cool air flowing to it

regards to being faster than 1.2's;

you'll find that the little tiny engine in the yaris is an excellent performer, if you lose off at the lights to anything less than a 1.4 you should hang your head in shame (unless of course it's a 1.3 yaris...) :o

seriously though the 1.0 engine is very nippy and anyone who's asked what size the engine is has been suprised when told, it's a good car.

just don't go after things like 1.4 corsa's because god forbid you should be defeated by a vauxhall (excluding vx220 turbo, mmmmm :drool: )

it must be the vvt-i, I can really notice it in mine at about 4000rpm. It's like a very very subdued vvti-l found in the CTS :lol:

still fun none the less, and cos of the weight of the engine you'll find that with decent tyres, suspension and strut brace it'll corner very quickly :thumbsup: