Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Breakdown Cover

Pompey Gaz

Gaz, this looks a bit dear to me, I've just got my renewal for RAC which is cheaper but you get a no claims discount.

Have you got quotes from AA or RAC ?

Dave. ;)

Try www.ncionline.co.uk

My breakdown recovery costs £45 a year on my Supra and that's the best part of 17 years old! Only thing I don't get that the Recovery Plus appears to offer is home cover, but if my car is at home I can fix the damn thing anyway :P

Never broken down yet so I have no idea if they're actually any good though...

Whether you go for you or the car being covered depends really, covering the car is normally cheaper and if you're not often a passenger or drive other cars (or only in cars that have their own cover) then that's probably the best bet. If you're always getting lifts / drive lots of cars then personal cover would be worth the few extra quid.

aa did us a good deal on paying for repairs upto £500 but they won't cover my car cause its done over 100k lol that would have been worth the couple quid extra but without it its not

What about 'Club Toyota' breakdown, only £55 all in !!! :rolleyes:

Try www.ncionline.co.uk

My breakdown recovery costs £45 a year on my Supra and that's the best part of 17 years old! Only thing I don't get that the Recovery Plus appears to offer is home cover, but if my car is at home I can fix the damn thing anyway :P

Never broken down yet so I have no idea if they're actually any good though...

Whether you go for you or the car being covered depends really, covering the car is normally cheaper and if you're not often a passenger or drive other cars (or only in cars that have their own cover) then that's probably the best bet. If you're always getting lifts / drive lots of cars then personal cover would be worth the few extra quid.

Your card will be charged a total of £77.50

Thats with home start thing and you have to pay for paper membership pack lol

What about 'Club Toyota' breakdown, only £55 all in !!! :rolleyes:

I go with this. For £55 you get the full RAC cover so save yourself a few quid on the normal price.

I used to use the AA, but stopped as I was fed of of them sending me incompotent "mechanics" and them ignoring my requests.

I.E. engine seized when the bottom end let go in a supra.

I call up asking for a low loading flat bed to bring the car home, they send out a breakdown van. I tell him its not fixable at the road side, so he starts hitting the starter motor with an iron bar to "free it up". eventually he orders a tow truck, dispite the fact that I ask for a low flat bed... tow truck arrives, car won't go on, so eventially, 3 hours later I get the flat bed I asked for when I first called up.

Another time on the way home on a recovery truck the guy says his shift is up, so he dumped me at a service station for me to wait for another hour for another truck to arrive.....

Why do you need breakdown cover for a Toyota? :lol:

I've got the "Club Toyota" cover, only because it came free with the car!!

Plus you also get a nice Toyota magazine too!!

The other option would be to buy a new car!!

cheers karma, if that story wasn't so shocking it could have been a laurel and hardy sketch. I gone with the green flag thing, Like i said to the AA bloke the only thing that interested me was the paying for repairs but if they can't offer me that then i wasn't gunna pay the extra lol. Gone with Green Flag. Seems ok. Rescuemycar.co.uk seems a bit too cheap, £31 a year fully in. hmmmm

Couldn't find club toyota on the website and the RAC wanted me to pay a D/D annually. ARGH why is it never simple? lol

Club Toyota @ £55, gets you full RAC cover inc homestart. They also know what there doing ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

aww king-o too late, i just confirmed the green flag quote from earlier. I couldn't find the link for it on the toyota website so i took the questionairre and told them so lol

I pay monthly DD's to the RAC....I cannot fault their service or attitude...very helpful chaps :hokus-pokus:

I couldn't find it either.

I even looked under Owners > Club Toyota but who knows where they've hidden it!!

:lol:

I couldn't find it either.

I even looked under Owners > Club Toyota but who knows where they've hidden it!!

:lol:

I bet its on some external link or summat :(

Another vote for RAC here - my Dad's got the full whack and I've got the same as an additional member but only pay £22 a year (or something similar) for it...he renews it every year and just tells me how much. He's had to use them for every car he's owned and always says they are top guys when they come out...the most memorable time was when he was at a slip road coming off of (or very near to) the North Circular Road and the Skoda died....had no hazards or anything and they didn't take long at all to get to him, get the car moved then sort the Battery out :D

I'm definately gonna stick with them and would highly recommend them also..btw I know you have gone for Green Flag but just wanted to share my opinion :)

having a quick look the best deal i can get is recovery plus £14.88 a month, with whats happened is this a good or bad deal?

£14.88 a MONTH?

£30 a YEAR :thumbsup:

All you need is a tow off the motorway, and if you break down anywhere else they plug in a lap top and diagnose the problem there and then.

Most problems can be fixed via the road side, and as already mentioned, why do you need break down cover for a Toyota?!

AA, but only because the cover several cars on one policy.

Your price per month sounds ridiculously high; I don't pay half that to cover my g/f and myself to drive any of four cars.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links