Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Verso Key Fob

ifan

one of the keys for my 06 verso t180 had broken,been to the main dealer and they say the key is not under warranty and will cost £100 for a replacment has anyone had the same problem

one of the keys for my 06 verso t180 had broken,been to the main dealer and they say the key is not under warranty and will cost £100 for a replacment has anyone had the same problem

I find them quite resilient as my wife drove over one of mine in her Scenic & it still works fine although it looks a bit second-hand!

The key should be covered by the warranty, if it has simply stopped working. If you have physically smashed part of it then they can claim you have misused it. My keyfob stopped working and had to be re-programmed, they tried to give me a bill for £38 for reprogramming it and I asked to make an official complaint, as I did not see why I should have to pay to fix something that broke under warrany. At this point they changed their mind and decided it was covered by the warranty.

My advice is if you have not abused your keyfob, go to the dealership & ask to make an official complaint, see what happens.

Hope this helps.

• 11 months later...

Can someone help with regards to this please. I know I can get a replacement from eBay and then get it cut, but can someone send me a link on how to program it to the car please? Tried searching but couldn't find it... many thanks!