Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Get Together

anchorman

Just a reminder - we are getting ever closer.

ALL WELCOME and we have a special rate at the hotel for those that would like a drink and a natter 'til the twilight hours.

We want to see lots of RAVs but other marques will be allowed!

Anchorman.......

How about putting the hotel details back on the last page (can't be ar****d to find it again...)

Also not in Romania now so may be able to make it....only if Bothy buys the first round of drinks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye - bagels all round - yer richt!

How is it that the non-Scottish always want the Scots to buy the first round? I'll bring ma Clydesdale Bank notes cos they're wurth mair.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bothwell_buyer

• anchorman

• chatman

• Fujisan

Okey Dokey - the details reviewed;

http://www.bestwestern.co.uk/Hotels/Best-W...fo/Default.aspx

They have offered us a special block booking rate of £27.50 per person for bed and full breakfast or £45.50 per person including the evening meal. This rate is for a double room and there is a £15 surcharge for single occupancy.

The date is Saturday 3rd of May and the booking reference is TOY03058

As they cannot indefinitely hold rooms would you please confirm your intention to attend the meet. I suggest that we make our own reservations to simplify matters. We need 10 bookings for this rate.

I'm in.............Me and anchorwoman will come and I think we will go for the B&B & evening meal.

• 1 month later...

Its time to bring this up again anyhow.

There has been a lot of new members since we first discussed this idea so all of you guys and gals that have been looking in lately please consider meeting us at Warrington on Saturday the 3rd of May and better still stay over night and have a meal and a noggin. The special rate above was offered on the condition we had 10 rooms but so far I don't think we do.

Use the booking ref and contact details above to book your room and come and have a good tyre kicking session but more than that a good social event.

Cheers

Not sure if that link above works - try this;

We want to see lots of RAVs but other marques will be allowed!

I havnt got a RAV but might blag one for the night :D: Or I could just come in my squeakless braked Auris :lol:

Shame we havnt got a V8 Landcruiser on demo, that would have been fun

Kingo :thumbsup:

Still can't make this. My lad's birthday party has now been booked for the weekend before, but a few of his aunts and uncles are coming up to see him, from London on the 3rd/4th. Also, we have got tickets to the BTCC at Donnington on that weekend. Hope you guys have a great weekend.

To save me reading 8 pages where and when is this meet and what are we doing? Am I ok to turn up as I don't know anybody on here?

To save me reading 8 pages where and when is this meet and what are we doing? Am I ok to turn up as I don't know anybody on here?

Don't worry we only know each other as cyber mates anyway and if you live in Bolton it is obligatory that you come!!!! In order that we recognise each other I suggest we wear a rear axle on a chain around our necks and carry a copy of Beano under our arm.

:P

It is on Saturday the 3rd of May and I will probably arrive early in the afternoon. I am trying to get a dealer to bring a 4.3 demo and Toyota GB and Lindop Bros (Kingo) have kindly offered to provide some items that we can raffle. I propose that all proceeds go to our good friend bothy's worthy charity "Active4all".

Looks like I am going to have to wait for the next one as well :( :( I am back down Lancashire again the weekend BEFORE

the meet for another family doo. Oh well remember the photos.

Don't worry we only know each other as cyber mates anyway and if you live in Bolton it is obligatory that you come!!!! In order that we recognise each other I suggest we wear a rear axle on a chain around our necks and carry a copy of Beano under our arm.

It is on Saturday the 3rd of May and I will probably arrive early in the afternoon. I am trying to get a dealer to bring a 4.3 demo and Toyota GB and Lindop Bros (Kingo) have kindly offered to provide some items that we can raffle. I propose that all proceeds go to our good friend bothy's worthy charity "Active4all".

Iceman - for good reason, I have kept my visage free from this website, and also made number 1 RAV look more like a normal car to be less intrusive. So Nobody knows me!!

Very kind re the raffle - I'll bring my purse too! I've booked Friday night and Saturday night and'll probably get down about 8pm, polis allowing.

I know some members cant make this meet...distance travelled and other commitments.....I cant make it up north to this one this time either....

How about local meets...I know there are a few members in my area, and the Chauffeur is wanting some time off anyway :P

We could if any other members are up for it...have some mini regional meets say on the Sunday or the Monday of the May bank holiday...and maybe aim for a yearly meat up in a central location (when it's a bit dryer.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Us Essex lot could go somewhere where the fuel is cheaper...just to see how the other half live... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know some members cant make this meet...distance travelled and other commitments.....I cant make it up north to this one this time either....

How about local meets...I know there are a few members in my area, and the Chauffeur is wanting some time off anyway :P

We could if any other members are up for it...have some mini regional meets say on the Sunday or the Monday of the May bank holiday...and maybe aim for a yearly meat up in a central location (when it's a bit dryer.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Us Essex lot could go somewhere where the fuel is cheaper...just to see how the other half live... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Could you not accomodate us all at your country retreat Chatman? I believe Chatsworth Hall is pretty central and very convenient for Anchorman; :D

Could you not accommodate us all at your country retreat Chatman? I believe Chatsworth Hall is pretty central and very convenient for Anchorman; :D

We could at Castle chatman.....Would mean you lot getting your tyres dirty and parking on the west lawn.....Hang on :o is that not why we have 4x4...to go off roading......But I have to draw the line at Bothy bringing his LR...smelly thing...don't want to upset the locals with too much diesel smoke.....

Had the Hunt through here the other day...exercising their hounds :rolleyes: :rolleyes: !Removed! things jumping all around my garden....ruined the rose bushes... :angry: :angry:

Could you not accommodate us all at your country retreat Chatman? I believe Chatsworth Hall is pretty central and very convenient for Anchorman; :D

We could at Castle chatman.....Would mean you lot getting your tyres dirty and parking on the west lawn.....Hang on :o is that not why we have 4x4...to go off roading......But I have to draw the line at Bothy bringing his LR...smelly thing...don't want to upset the locals with too much diesel smoke.....

Had the Hunt through here the other day...exercising their hounds :rolleyes: :rolleyes: bloody things jumping all around my garden....ruined the rose bushes... :angry: :angry:

Know exactly what you mean, could do with the hunt passing through my garden,although a good rider could probably clear my garden in one leap, but would keep the bl***y foxes out of my wheelie-bin, I blame it on you country folk forcing the poor things in to the suburbs to forage for scraps of food

without the fear of packs of hounds and strange men in red coats and jodhpurs blowing bugles at them..Tally-Ho! :fox::fox::fox:

Looks like you've been putting a bit of thought and effort into this Anchorman. Good stuff :thumbsup:

I'll have a trundle up for a few hours tyre kicking on the Saturday.

Surely you'll be carrying a copy of "Fishplate Fortnightly" though? :unsure:

Must have been that Essence of Fox perfume I picked up for the wife last week........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just cos yer maps run oot north of watford - and anyway, fuel is cheapest in Dundee :thumbsup:

For those of us who are south of the Watford gap, how about meeting up at this years motor show in London?

I took the wife last time and she complained that it was "full of fast cars and women wearing next to nothing"! (isn't that the idea... :lol: )

Back to May, is it still fancy dress...

For those of us who are south of the Watford gap, how about meeting up at this years motor show in London?

I took the wife last time and she complained that it was "full of fast cars and women wearing next to nothing"! (isn't that the idea... :lol: )

Back to May, is it still fancy dress...

Hmmm sounds a good idea, just need to pick a date...The wife hates traipsing around looking at boring motor cars. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..She just tells me when hers is broken or another case mine :o :o

Hmmm sounds a good idea, just need to pick a date...

I assume that weekends are best for most of us, so that leaves us with 26/27th of July or 2nd/3rd of August.

Anyone else up for a trip to the motor show?

Depends on the date for me.

Guest Snowy3

Can't make 3rd May as its my bday weekend so hopefully i will be going out and getting very very drunk and leaving Snowy RAV at home. I was considering coming but would be one of those annoying girls that doesnt know anything about cars! although i can kick tyres as good as anyone!

Hope everyone has a good one anyway! full report with pics is expected!

p.s let me know if there is a Derbyshire\Notts meet at some point.

Can't make 3rd May as its my bday weekend so hopefully i will be going out and getting very very drunk and leaving Snowy RAV at home. I was considering coming but would be one of those annoying girls that doesnt know anything about cars! although i can kick tyres as good as anyone!

Hope everyone has a good one anyway! full report with pics is expected!

p.s let me know if there is a Derbyshire\Notts meet at some point.

Shame - ye widnae be the ony girl there as Nettie MacKenzie has threatened to attend. An she knows -2,000,000 about cars....

Bumped this back up to the top.......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links