Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Puts A Smile On Your Face When Driving The Cts ?

tsporttinny

Well was driving to work this morning on the usual A road and i got that Friday Feeling :D . I dropped the gearbox down into 2nd when entering the national speed limit zone and let the LIFT kick in. pulled through the rest gearbox. I'm am now grinning from ear to ear :D :D . I don't think i will ever get bored of the feel of the lift kicking in ! who needs a turbo or supercharger !! :rolleyes::rolleyes: .

What puts a smile on your face when driving your cts ?? :P

Well was driving to work this morning on the usual A road and i got that Friday Feeling :D . I dropped the gearbox down into 2nd when entering the national speed limit zone and let the LIFT kick in. pulled through the rest gearbox. I'm am now grinning from ear to ear :D :D . I don't think i will ever get bored of the feel of the lift kicking in ! who needs a turbo or supercharger !! :rolleyes::rolleyes: .

When I outgun some 3 series and 5 series drivers!

Most people know about the Type R but not our T-sport!

Being able to keep up and probably overtake a Golf GTTDi MK4 whilst in Lift! One passed me last night the arrogant so and so and I just dropped it down a gear and caught up to him with ease whilst running lift.

mine is when a slower car like a saxo vtr races you and they match your speed when not dropping down a gear. 3rd is a good example from about 3000rpm and then you hit 6000rpm and goodbye...

There is something definately satisfying about the "wolf in sheeps clothing" factor.

Sometimes I actually hope that someone tries to race me or underestimates the Lift!

For me its all about the engine noise when running the K&N Typhoon, in my opinion you wont get a much better engine note unless you spend some serious cash and buy somthing like a Ferrari LOL.

the CTS is always putting a smile on my face :D

For me its all about the engine noise when running the K&N Typhoon, in my opinion you wont get a much better engine note unless you spend some serious cash and buy somthing like a Ferrari LOL.

the CTS is always putting a smile on my face :D

I enjoy the sound of my K&N too especially with both windows down and making extremely steady progress through tunnels. Howver, out of curiosity, how much louder/better does the typhoon sound in relation to the 57i? I have been contemplating changing mine for a typhoon for some time now, but will i get the same increase of noise i got from going from standard box to 57i, as i will get changing from a 57i to a typhoon?

I always end up smiling atleast once during each trip in the car, usually audi's, golfs, saxos and bmw's around here that have never felt the wrath of a CTS, but i leave them in my dust without pushing much.

Armz.

DEF going into lift under a bridge or tunnel, especialy with the K&N Typhoon, going round a roundabout in 2nd and going off it and Bombing it till it kicks into LIFT. the look at some ppls face. TBH ive neva had n e 1 come upto me trying to race, ive had the car for bout 4 months now still waiting for that day to come :rolleyes:

Being able to keep up and probably overtake a Golf GTTDi MK4 whilst in Lift! One passed me last night the arrogant so and so and I just dropped it down a gear and caught up to him with ease whilst running lift.

Their like only 150 bhp keep up with them, probably overtake them? i know they have better torque but there not even in the same league as the Cts :unsure:

most deffo the LIFT

on the GTTDI debate I the torque on those diesels are <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ing awsome... a mate has the same lump in a Skoda fabia and kept up with a cozzie (the cozzie was either overboosting or the driver was !Removed! it up with the gears)...

Driving home from work fri nite 10ish, on dual carridgeway crusing at 50 with no hurry. Look in rear mirror, Mk3 gti up my bumper. Drop it to 3rd, 4th, SCREAMZZZZ I see dot in mirror, slow down, park car, go inside home, go sleep, smile!!!!! LOL :lol:

Gotta say as a few people have said destroying typre Rs and golf and arrogant BMW drivers - but i love how the car can be conevenient for family and have the boot space and all - drives like a smooth car feels all swavsay :-) then when you want it can become a mean machine - summer mornigns with the windows down a nice mellow sound track on and the lift and and the breeze!!! Iv had the car for one year and still aint any where near being bored! Uncles jealous that i get an eternal buzz off my car and he cant find he gets one with lol!

when young boy racers in there pimped up 106's try it on ! cant beat the buzz when that lift comes in i even find time to wave bye bye as i leave them laughing my head off at the same time

Tunnels, windows down, and 8200rpm. :D B)

I love that too, i've been known to take detours for it... though one of my mates lives near a small tunnel so that's a bonus. Coming back from the Airport (no CTS for 2 weeks :() first thing i did was windows down, lift through that tunnel when dropping him off lol

Was going through the tunnel in lift once and i had a guy literally jump 180 degrees to see what was happening! :D

Love it.

Yep the tunnel in lift, can't beat that. Also, 1st and 2nd gears in lift great sound. Annoying thing about CTS - squeeky/ squeeling brakes, arrggh!

Yep the tunnel in lift, can't beat that. Also, 1st and 2nd gears in lift great sound. Annoying thing about CTS - squeeky/ squeeling brakes, arrggh!

I get the squeeky brakes too. Seems to happen randomly. Cars been perfect for the past few weeks, had a service and mot today, went for a 1 hour drive and got back a few mins ago, and the brakes started to squeel slightly. Very random.

Might be some sort of dust buildup or something. I will have to try stamping on the brakes next time to see if anything stuck on the discs will dislodge and come off, or cure it. Happens so infrequently i haven't bothered to get it looked at, but it does become annying sometimes when arriving home late at night and making squeeking noises as i pull into the driveway.

Armz.

Driving home from work fri nite 10ish, on dual carridgeway crusing at 50 with no hurry. Look in rear mirror, Mk3 gti up my bumper. Drop it to 3rd, 4th, SCREAMZZZZ I see dot in mirror, slow down, park car, go inside home, go sleep, smile!!!!! LOL :lol:

you wouldn't skin my mk3 ;)

when i'm asked what engine i have under the bonnet by friends and foes when lift kicks in in second and third gear... they can't believe it's a corolla with 5 doors...

my happiest moment has been to show down a heavily 'maxpowered' saxo what my standard CTs can do... the guy had a turbocharged bmw engine in that saxo :ffs: !!!! must admit the guy was more show and no go though... but who cares... i showed him what for...