Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Compressor Tuning

Danny_TTE_compressor

Anyone struggling to find someone to tune your Corolla compressor? i know ive had to spend hours on the web looking but finally found a company. VTUNE. they have to remap the ecu and fit a small part to the charger but they have promised me 265-270 when its done. they say 300 is possible but the bottom end is weak, so i think i'll stay at 270 for now. hope that helps and saves tonnes of time!

Contact details????!

You might have been better posting this in the CTS forum!!

:D

They will not be able to change this "small part" on the supercharger because your supercharger Ogura TX12 is clutch type s/c unlike most other superchargers.. On "non clutch type s/c" you can just buy smaller pulley to increase the boost but there is no way for the Compressor to do that ;)

Maybe they can push out few extra HP with remapping but you will never get 265whp from remapping.

Only things I know for tuning my Compressor;

K&N Typhoon kit

Fidanza flywheel + ARP flywheel bolts

Southbend or exedy stg1 clutch

MR-S LSD (P/N: 41301-20230) or TRD LSD (P/N: 41301-ST900)

Intercooler + pipes

Apexi PFC standalone

Big brake kit

Headers

Costum exhaust

Piper camshafts stage2

i spoke to silverstone racing who do an upgrade but its 2 grand full intercooler kit piggy back ecu and they did state a smaller pulley to up the boost pressure so i think the smaller pulley is available its just finding out who does them.they state extra 35 bhp so take compressor to 250 they did say this would be a safe limit for the car afterall you dont want to risk blowing it up

Your superchargers are not made to "spin faster" so if you were lucky and have smaller pulley and when you hit the road you will see a big booooom :D

Smaller pulley = Compressor will be a ticking timebomb

btw this is a 2ZZ Celica with Blitz supercharger kit and this is Ogura TX12 supercharger (the same that we have)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--zI5yBRHmw

stock pulley and I think we was dyno 240whp, you can search http://newcelica.org/forums/index.php !

I was lead to believe that the Lotus Exige (275BHP) has the same engine as the compressor, If this is correct how do they get the extra power, is it a more powerful supercharger????

I was lead to believe that the Lotus Exige (275BHP) has the same engine as the compressor, If this is correct how do they get the extra power, is it a more powerful supercharger????

they are not using clutch type s/c

http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/news/12580...cup240-21-L.jpg

Was seriously considering sendin mine to silverstone performance. But as you say, is it worth wrecking a damn fine car for a few extra bhp :unsure:

They were using E85 Biofuel and therefore using a different/mappable ECU make use of the advantages said fuel brings.

HTH

Of course I'm not suggesting that anyone try it but I wonder what would happen if the clutch power supply was made permanent so it didn't disengage :rolleyes:

I was under the impression that the supercharger was engaged at low revs but disengaged at higher revs.

I posted this some time back as told by TTE, just got to remember where it is :rolleyes:

Edit: found it!

Compressor spec

• 9 years later...

Does anyone know where I can get a smaller/lightened tx12 supercharger pulley for my Corolla TTE Compressor.

Thanks Mitch

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links