Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Headlight Bulbs

tilux

how do you do it ive managed to get the side light out but i cant see how to change the main bulb???

can anyone help??

its a L reg ssrx

how do you do it ive managed to get the side light out but i cant see how to change the main bulb???

can anyone help??

its a L reg ssrx

Remove the Battery.

• 2 weeks later...

i cant c how taking the Battery out is gonna help, as there is a coolant container in the way and on the other side its the windscreen fluid container, any other idea's?

i cant c how taking the battery out is gonna help, as there is a coolant container in the way and on the other side its the windscreen fluid container, any other idea's?

Thats how you get at the bulbs, remove the batteries, and the two water containers. No need to drain them just move to the side slightly.

Don't try removing the grille, it doesn't help plus the clips will break, they always do! My grille is held on by one clip plus the the side lights. :D

bulbs are H4 by the way.

• 3 months later...

if you dont want to remove the Battery and the two fluid containers, not to mess up, all you have to do is to remove the headlamp from the front. it is hold by 4 skrews. all you need is a scrw driver

if you dont want to remove the battery and the two fluid containers, not to mess up, all you have to do is to remove the headlamp from the front. it is hold by 4 skrews. all you need is a scrw driver

Dont take the screws out from the front! Remove the Battery and water tank. Its not hard 10 min job each side...

• 5 months later...

if you dont want to remove the battery and the two fluid containers, not to mess up, all you have to do is to remove the headlamp from the front. it is hold by 4 skrews. all you need is a scrw driver

[/quote

Gazza,

spot on, it took me exactly ten minutes to change the bulb on mine, many thanks. Anyone know how to drop the underslung spare wheel, driving me round the bend. I also realise this answer is going to be oh so obvious!

BR Fred

>> Anyone know how to drop the underslung spare wheel, driving me round the bend. I also realise this answer is going to be oh so obvious!

Not so obvious your tool kit includes a long handle with a hook on the end, fit the hook into a ring above the spare and turn the handle and the wheel will descend on a winch. Once its on the ground create some lack and unhook the spare. Its a very neat system

>> Anyone know how to drop the underslung spare wheel, driving me round the bend. I also realise this answer is going to be oh so obvious!

Not so obvious your tool kit includes a long handle with a hook on the end, fit the hook into a ring above the spare and turn the handle and the wheel will descend on a winch. Once its on the ground create some lack and unhook the spare. Its a very neat system

Hi HP,

unfortunately all tools including the jack were missing when I bought the car just over four years ago, the jack was easily replaced, I bought a trolley jack along with a torque wrench for changing the wheels. Somewhere I do have a maintainance book sent by a mate of mine in Oz to find the name of the tool I'm looking for so I can order one, hopefully online.

Many Thanks Fred

Hi HP,

unfortunately all tools including the jack were missing when I bought the car just over four years ago, the jack was easily replaced, I bought a trolley jack along with a torque wrench for changing the wheels. Somewhere I do have a maintainance book sent by a mate of mine in Oz to find the name of the tool I'm looking for so I can order one, hopefully online.

Many Thanks Fred

Hi HP,

managed to find a brace at a scrapyard south of here (Chateauroux) well chuft. Once again thanks for your invaluable help.

BR Fred