Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Roadster Oxygen Sensors

etw

Hello to everyone,

I too am a new member and urgently need some assistance. I know very little about cars and even less about Oxygen Sensors for my year 2000 X reg MR2 Roadster - however I am not convinced the garage I took it to know much more!

Problem started in Aug when engine management light came on. After £40 test it was diagnosed as PO135 poss O2 sensors - Bank One Sensor One. As you look at the engine the mechanic stated the the one on the right needed replacing (no idea if this is pre-cat or post-cat or what). I ordered one off the net from oxygensensors.com (it would seem I got a pre cat one going off the price I paid). After being stung by customs and parcelforce I had the sensor fitted at the garage (another £70). However, around a month or so later, light came back on so I returned to the garage. They checked again (another £40) and it came up with a different code but one which suggests it could still be a problem with O2 sensors - again Bank One. Mechanic made a phone call and discovered that Bank One is actually the one on the left as you look at the engine. So it seems the wrong one was replaced last time!

However, trying to shop around for one has confused me even more. I understand that I have two sensors - but is one post cat and one pre cat? How do I know which is which? I have resorted to measuring and guessing. The one on the left that now needs replacing is around 350mm long so looking at various websites this seems to be a pre-cat one. My concern is that it was a pre-cat one that was fitted on the right last time.

Can anyone please help before I spend any more money????

Apologies for simple terms, I really am a novice!

On the plus side, the light hasn't come on again yet!

All advice (keep it simple) very much welcome.

Em

Before you go spending any more money, PM your vehicle chassis number over to me and I will price the genuine item up for you. No point in searching the net if you havnt compared the genuine part price first, at least my price will be an all in price and you wont be expected to pay customs charges at the door! (We are good in Wales and don't expect you to pay duty, lol)

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...
Before you go spending any more money, PM your vehicle chassis number over to me and I will price the genuine item up for you. No point in searching the net if you havnt compared the genuine part price first, at least my price will be an all in price and you wont be expected to pay customs charges at the door! (We are good in Wales and don't expect you to pay duty, lol)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links