Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Type R's Too Fast

borodaz

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Armz

• borodaz

• T128

• emsii

Top Posters In This Topic

Today i had a run with my mate in his type r, coming off a bend in second he was infront by 2 car lengths. hit the straight and he kept edging away i couldnt keep up so i gave up when he was about 5 lengths infront.(of course this was on a local track)

His type r has a k and n typhoon and exhaust. myn is standard.

Sort of wishing i got a type r now, gave him a good go but leaving the type r's alone now.

Just chop your standard car for the TTE version. Remove the external TTE paraphernalia and say nothing. He will not keep pace with you the next time you are in a clinch, I guarantee you. He'll probably only cotton on to you as you pass him rapidly with only 3 or 4krevs on the dial and he sees two pipes instead of one.

Mate, i've got the compressor and there aint no way a type r driver will notice the twin pipes, im gone long before they can look! although the dc5 integra puts up a little better fight.....................bring on the litchfield civic!

Did any1 see Top Gear last night, they reported what would appear to be the demise of the Type R :lol: The new Type R was about 2 or 3 car lengths behind the old 1 in a lap of the track. The new Civic registered a lap time of 1 min 33sec. I'd be interested to see what time a compressor would register as i ve never had problems leaving the old Type R for dead :rolleyes:

Did any1 see Top Gear last night, they reported what would appear to be the demise of the Type R :lol: The new Type R was about 2 or 3 car lengths behind the old 1 in a lap of the track. The new Civic registered a lap time of 1 min 33sec. I'd be interested to see what time a compressor would register as i ve never had problems leaving the old Type R for dead :rolleyes:

You won't will you as you have a supercharger thats like me saying i've never had any problems leaving a compressor for dead :lol: what you should be saying is it would be interesting to see what a normal t sport would do it in.

can anyone remember the old civic lap time round the track or find it online ? i remember they tested a few hot hatches at the time but it must have been the pre face lift

can anyone remember the old civic lap time round the track or find it online ? i remember they tested a few hot hatches at the time but it must have been the pre face lift

1:32.8

Theres another time for the Type-R which i assume is the FD2 which was 1:36.5

see the new one on top gear, he didnt like it lol was a good few car lengths behind the old one too.

wouldnt mind driving it tbh see what its like.

• 2 weeks later...

You won't will you as you have a supercharger thats like me saying i've never had any problems leaving a compressor for dead :lol: what you should be saying is it would be interesting to see what a normal t sport would do it in.

but the old civic on paper is faster than my car........but then again that is on paper! which brings me to the point, why do nearly all toyotas get sh@t performance figures?

Today i had a run with my mate in his type r, coming off a bend in second he was infront by 2 car lengths. hit the straight and he kept edging away i couldnt keep up so i gave up when he was about 5 lengths infront.(of course this was on a local track)

His type r has a k and n typhoon and exhaust. myn is standard.

Sort of wishing i got a type r now, gave him a good go but leaving the type r's alone now.

hi.. i think they do a typhoon kit for the corolla or just a filter element... try that and some Iridium spark plugs plus leads/new coil packs

my yaris isnt far behind a mazda 6 143 diesel :S

• 2 weeks later...

corolla t-sport kikin out about 189bhp and the civic type r 197bhp....also taking into account he has a KNN induction kit its gnna give him that extra boost thats why hes in front...if u remove the kit you should be able to keep up with him however civic type r will then run wild coz its apparently supposed to be the predecessor of the t-sport

i had a type r behind me when i joined an uphill slip lane to a motorway at bout 40mph to get up to speed (70mph) and dropped to 2nd gear , i gave it some ,he didnt catch me and i didnt pull away from him. was even stevens.

not sure if it was modded, but shows t sport isnt as bad as some people make out!

• 2 weeks later...
i had a type r behind me when i joined an uphill slip lane to a motorway at bout 40mph to get up to speed (70mph) and dropped to 2nd gear , i gave it some ,he didnt catch me and i didnt pull away from him. was even stevens.

not sure if it was modded, but shows t sport isnt as bad as some people make out!

just reading what you wrote tell me you did gave it some and you are right it is very evenly match but if you had a non - mod tsport from stand still start you will lose to them just need some basic tunning and you COULD beat them from 0-90 .

yep tsport are not slow hatch at all far as acceleration goes it is right up there with all the car's that can make 0-60 around mid to high 6 seconds.

supercharger is great but to beat the ugly civic type R (ep3) you will not need a supercharger at all unless you want to pay more money for petrol then go ahead.

need 2 remember that sumtyms its the driver not the car . could have a good driver in the corolla and a bad driver in the civic or vice versa.

• 1 month later...
Cts has a little bit under 190bhp stock.. Ctr has 200bhp or even more.. Many Ctr's has been dynod after changing the air filter and exhaust (mostly aem cai, not k&n) and they give almost 220bhp.

So your friend has about 30bhp more than you.. And his car is probably more lighter :(

Compressor can own a TypeR. This is a fact. :)

Hi all yeah, I came up against a type r,He looked at me I looked at him.He jumped the light's

gave him 2 or 3 car length's caught him and passed him before we hit the 1/4 mile finish lol.

HOOVER :thumbsup: TTE COMPRESSOR

alright mate, i'm due to pick up my compressor on monday (can't wait lol) but i was looking at the type R's aswell an few other cars but in the end it came down to them 2, but when i looked at the performance figures on paper the type R is meant to be quicker than compressor, is this wrong?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links