Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xt5/t180 - Bluetooth

AlmostRaving

Picked up my 4.3 XT5 on Friday :P :P :P :P - Terrific!!!!

Jobs to do include:

Fit 90 degree check strap to back door - after a days diving in Portland on Saturday (2 people, 6 dive cylinders and assorted gear later) - a definite must do. Might also try and put some of those superbright LEDs, connected to rear door light, in the side of the back door trim panel so oncoming traffic gets nearside and offside lights.

Cure rattling passenger door mirror cover.

Thanks to Anchorman :thumbsup: on how to do these and everyone else for highlighting the issues and possible fixes.

BUT......although I can register and connect my Motorola SLVR or wife's RAZR to the bluetooth system (separately of course) - neither will auto-connect again after being switched off or the car being switched off. Both work fine once connected (apart from data transfer of phone book - after reading other threads this is not uncommon - can do one at a time - but that's a different problem I can get around).

It doesn't auto connect so I go for the "connect" option and then I get the mesage about checking phone and passcode. In order to get it to connect, I have to go through the Register menu in bluetooth to register (but it doesn't ask for pass numbers again) and reconnect which really does away with some wireless bluetooth advantages - could plug it in quicker.

As an aside - does yellow highlight on autoconnect button indicate it's on or off? not too clear.

Otherwise - love the car - had a 51 plate red 4.2 D4D GX a few years ago and really enjoyed the car - sadly the folks who had it after me rolled their caravan in Spain - with the Rav4 attached - they (the people) were both fine with no injuries - the same couldn't be said for the caravan or sadly the RAV4!

Anyone any ideas

Many thanks

AlmostRaving........... about to change name....maybe totallyRaving. hhmmmmmm

The Rav 4 wing mirror 'rattle' / wind noise is know to Toyota and you should be able to get a new redesigned cover or maybe a complete new mirror assembly :)

Mart

Picked up my 4.3 XT5 on Friday :P :P :P :P - Terrific!!!!

Well Done Raving :thumbsup:

Don't forget we like lot's of pictures :D

BUT......although I can register and connect my Motorola SLVR or wife's RAZR to the Bluetooth system (separately of course) - neither will auto-connect again after being switched off or the car being switched off. Both work fine once connected (apart from data transfer of phone book - after reading other threads this is not uncommon - can do one at a time - but that's a different problem I can get around).

It doesn't auto connect so I go for the "connect" option and then I get the mesage about checking phone and passcode. In order to get it to connect, I have to go through the Register menu in Bluetooth to register (but it doesn't ask for pass numbers again) and reconnect which really does away with some wireless bluetooth advantages - could plug it in quicker.

As an aside - does yellow highlight on autoconnect button indicate it's on or off? not too clear.

The yellow highlight on the auto connect button means that it's on. This might seem a silly question... but have you set both phones to auto connect to bluetooth devise?

Duncerduncs,

Not a silly question at all - both phones are set to auto-connect and the car bluetooth auto-connect yellow light is also on.

The SLVR used to connect automatically with a Visorblade handsfree I had, so not sure what's going on with the RAV.

Only thing I can think of is that the RAV used to have a mobile phone kit wired in and I'm wondering if something wasn't reset when they took it out before the handover to me?

Is there a hidden communications menu somewhere? I've tried the "press the info button and sidelight on/off 4 times" routine but couldn't really find anything in those menus? Lots of other scary stuff though! :o

Starting to be a pain :( so any ideas gratefully received.

Car otherwise is great - smaller than Passat Estate, tighter turning, oh and people let you into the outside lane of motorways when you indicate - not something I often experienced in the Passat!

Thanks

Duncerduncs,

Car otherwise is great - smaller than Passat Estate, tighter turning, oh and people let you into the outside lane of motorways when you indicate - not something I often experienced in the Passat!

Thanks

:lol::lol: you mean the BMW lane :lol::lol:

Re the mirror rattle, if you fancy having a go at it yourself its an easy fix and Anchorman has done a tutorial on it. :thumbsup:

Oh and remember to post some photos on Bobs photo thread.

I get loads of enquiries ref these bluetooth connection problems. The only help I can offer is that the very modern phones can often download update patches and there might be something for your phone that is available. bluetooth has always been either perfect or a nightmare, depending on your phone, it never seems to get any better, but I did read that phone download info somewhere on the web when searching for a particular phone issue for a customer, hope it helps

Kingo :thumbsup:

AlmostRaving,

The only thing I can think of, is to delete both phones and start again one by one. You may want to change the name of the car away from "Hands Free" as it is possible that it clashes with a former hands free :unsure:

Also, as you have 2 phones saved in the system you have to choose which one you want to connect to through the "settings" menu on the phone screen, as it can only look for one phone at a time (this caught us out the first time)

You can find this on page 115 of the Navigation manual (over 200 pages :eek: ), finally it could be that phone kit. Might be worth a trip to the dealer :)

Many thanks everyone.

Will try:

1. Uploading latest software for phone from Motorola

2. Deleting all phones and start back just with one to register

3. Changing name of hands free system in RAV4

4. Going to Dealer

Thanks again - where else would you get so much good advice?

Hi

Trust me, been there done all that actually buying a new KRZ1 2 weeks ago to use with the RAV -DOES NOT WORK!!-now the wife's christmas present!

Basically, Motorola bluetooth is not good.The phones bluetooth is not great at connecting to much else,confirmed by a nice man at the Carphone Warehouse. Main problem is that it does not "stay on" as Samsung or Sony Ericsson phones do, thus the RAV will not find it again unless, as you sa, you strip it out again.

I kicked off a thread recently as I wanted to get all the features of the bluetooth working and my Samsung did not give me aerial strength or Battery output. Lexus and Toyota America web sites have a list of compatible phones but this can be misleading. They are generally US phones and it says the Motorola works.Incidentally, spoke to Motorola - they told me it is NOT compatible.

In summary:

Samsung phones seem to work (not all features) - tried 2 models

Nokia (some do some don't) not tried but replies received on the other thread.

Sony Ericsson seem to be OK on all.Mr Carphone warehouse told me they have less bluetooth problems with that manafacturer. For waht it's worth I bought a SE K550 (£70) works like a dream. PEACE AT LAST! now on to the reversing camera!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links