Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ts Turbo At The Helsinki Motor Show

Tumpe

yaristurbo1.jpg

yaristurbo2.jpg

I saw it really close and tried the front seat ;) It's odd that the interior is just like the normal t-sport :o but the bodywork is just cool, and the turbo... ;)

does any one know what psi the engine is running? and are the pistons and rods the same in the turbo engine as the N/A engine?

It was TOYOTA's presentation, there was a cup-yaris too but it wasn't at Toyota's department..

So it's 150bhp and 196Nm. 150bhp/6000rpm and 196Nm/4200rpm to be precise. The price was "Not available" at the moment.. but I can guess it's near 30ke in Finland. I've seen estimates of 15k£ in England. Don't know about the pistons and rods, they could be the same as in the N/A version, same engine model at least (1NZ-FE). Gearbox and clutch have been upgraded (the N/A clutch can't handle that torque). There's some basic information at finnish toyota web site, but not much. Top-engine-mounted intercooler looks pretty !Removed! btw ;) and cheap.. there will be limited series of the car.. maybe 4000 or so?

and if someone didn't know, 0-60mph 7.8 (0-100km/h 7.9s) and top speed of 205km/h.

edit: don't know the psi.. but my guess it´s about 0.6-0.7bar.

and if someone didn't know, 0-60mph 7.8 (0-100km/h 7.9s) and top speed of 205km/h.

Miss Tsport and Oli's from memory do a 7.8 N/A....

the turbo performance doesn't sound good enough to me to warrant a 15k price tag. I'd rather have a new WRX for that money.

exactly how can people say they get 0-60 time of 8sec with 120hp and the turbo only does it maybe at most 0.5 sec faster ???

granted it's only another 30hp....

i suppose there are other benefits to the turbo, more midrange torque? better overtaking?

and the noise? B)

I thought the T-Sport Turbo's 0 - 60 was faster than that. Cos i remember reading somewhere a while back and it said the 0 - 60 was in the range of 6.9 seconds.

Dunno if it was correct or not, but that would explain how ppl have got results of 7.8 seconds with 120bhp. :yes:

Either way i will surely love to have one. :drool:

remember that the gear ratios are different. 6.9 is pretty highly over/underrated :) 0-60mph time is really not that important.. it's the overtaking value, ya know, 80-120km/h, 60-120km/h etc.. and I think quarter mile time will improve a lot.

I tell you what lets all go over to France and trade are old tsports in and get the turbo version :drool: Who's up for that???

I wish :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

jerry!!

dean_TTE

Posted on Dec 3 2003, 10:23 AM:

Looks very similar to the Vitz RS Turbo

Of course it does, it's the same thing....

:hokus-pokus:

Yaris-Nut

Posted on Dec 2 2003, 06:10 PM

I thought the T-Sport Turbo's 0 - 60 was faster than that.

It probably is!

If you take a look at the Toyota sites, the 0-100kms/h quote for the Corolla TS is 8.4. It's a fact that the CTS can run mid 7's.

I tell you what lets all go over to France and trade are old tsports in and get the turbo version  :drool: Who's up for that???

I wish  :crybaby:  :crybaby:  :crybaby:

jerry!!

I'm up for that mate! .... if i had a tsport that is :crybaby:

Think they'll let me trade my SR instead!? :lol:

I tell you what lets all go over to France and trade are old tsports in and get the turbo version  :drool: Who's up for that???

I wish  :crybaby:  :crybaby:  :crybaby:

jerry!!

I'm up for that mate! .... if i had a tsport that is :crybaby:

Think they'll let me trade my SR instead!? :lol:

And why not?? A yaris SR is still a cool car buddy :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links