Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More Power For Nothing

corollasr

how can i make my car go faster without spending any money and not affecting my insurance. i have a 98 corolla

thanks in advance

ed

what about drilling the airbox? if so how do you do it. drill the element or the actual box

No need to drill the air box as it has a feed from a still air box at the front of the car :thumbsup: Dont you have an cone filter now? not an eliment filter??

well this isn't for me. its for a mate with a corsa and its said to be a great help. want to get him into modding by drilling his airbox and making his ickle 1.2 sound a bit better

how can i make my car go faster without spending any money and not affecting my insurance. i have a 98 corolla

thanks in advance

ed

Not sure if de-catting affects ins. but you'd have to put it back for MOT.

You could gut you catalytic convertor.

Or lighten the car out.

Or use richer fuel like optimax.

urm...

Could make yourself a cold air feed as well as make a hole in the air box for it to go into.

I know its not free but try 10k boost, seemed to work wonders on my 98 GT.

really wouldnt recommend drilling the air box...

if he wants the beefy noise get a K&N there only about 50 quid. cheap as chips on eBay actually.

no disrespect, but at the end of the day its a 1.2 its never going to be fast. and the grunting noise gets annoying after a while, and it does nothing noticable for performance. and with a hole in his airbox he'd have to get a new one. so id say go for some sort of pod filter...

you can't make a 1.2 fast without a turbo or something daft like that

all a hole in the airbox/K&N will do is make a loud noise, thus attracting attention from other boyracers resulting in humiliation being beaten off at the lights from a 1.0 yaris

oh we're a cynical critical bunch in here aren't we! :D

anything not japanese... infact no.. anything not toyota we look down our noses at and scorn profusely until we feel better about ourselves! :rolleyes:

Yea, that's right.

corollasr: If you want more power from nothing, U need hands work, i.e. custom Ram Air inlet, a gooood tuning and maintenance, good oil, clean fuel, "Reduce Fat Fast", the correct tyre air preassure, clean the exhaust of dust and dirt, polish the manifolds, new or clean air filter, good spark plug wiring (not the ones with the filter for interference, you loose power with those)etc.

These things won't give you more power, You will stop wasting it.

it has to work out.

Hope this helps ;)

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

If its for your mates nova why not buy him a copy of MAX POWER

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:thumbsup:

well we eventually ripped off the corsa's induction piping in order for more air to get it and tomorrow will take off the extra restrictive box. it sounds absolutely amazing though. this huge growl at mid and high revs.

PX the Corsa in for a Yaris or Starlet etc......

Im into my 3rd week of my courtesy car Corsa and getting to a point of :crybaby: I know my rolla doesnt have a bhp ooozing out the block but god I miss her :(

look lads. its his first car and he just wants to make it sound and look a bit better. dont have a dig at people who don't own a toyota

i have a dig at him for it, but he's a friend so thats different

:P

Thats why I love soarers!!!!!! 30 bhp froma paperclip hmmmmmm

Corolla SR, try to convince your mate to get used to driving and being in different motoring situations before trying to go faster.

He should try and be patient and then enjoy a more powerful car in a few years (and it keeps his insurance down).

The old saying of 'don't run before you can walk' springs to mind

p.s. I am not an old woman

:)

Corolla SR, try to convince your mate to get used to driving and being in different motoring situations before trying to go faster.

He should try and be patient and then enjoy a more powerful car in a few years (and it keeps his insurance down).

The old saying of 'don't run before you can walk' springs to mind

p.s. I am not an old woman

:)

Yeah, then she can have a lift for her pension in complete safety

LOL :P only joking Nicola

Good point well made! :thumbsup:

thanks in advance

ed

find steeper hills :P