Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leccy Mirrors Not Working....

SMiFFAD

Bought my mr2 at the weekend, the folding mirrors dont work....nor does the mirror adjust.....first guess was its prolly a fuse, but i cant find one thats blown or marked as being used for the mirrors....

Anyone had any problem with these? anything common to look for?

Also the passenger side one seems to be loose, if i have it apart will i be able to tighten it or is it fcuked in the biblical sense?

Cheers for any help....

There is another fuse box, in the panel that sits to the right of the accelerator pedal. Feel around in there and you should locate another fuse box. If you shire a toorch, you should see a little black box. Open this a voila - fuses.

There is another fuse box, in the panel that sits to the right of the accelerator pedal. Feel around in there and you should locate another fuse box. If you shire a toorch, you should see a little black box. Open this a voila - fuses.

Checked them and they all seem to be in one piece, ill check um again at the weekend, the one labled "mirr htr" which i suppose means mirror heater....is empty (there's not any connectors either so cant just stick in a fuse...)

Are they supposed to have heated mirrors?

Maybe something has come astray in the door....nothing ever easy :ffs:

No heated mirrors here either, I suspect they're reserved for models going to colder countries, which is a pity since they would be very useful over here!! If the fuses are ok, sounds like you've got a wiring fault somewhere, try taking out the drivers door window control panel, a wire or two might have worked loose.

:thumbsup: Cheers for the replies peeps, how easy is the control panel to get out, simply gently pry it out? or do i have to take the internals of the door apart?

ta again

I think it is just a case of prying it out.... don't take my word for it tho incase you damage something, wait for someone else to confirm also.

Pull the top part out first and then slide forward .. there is a clip on the back/bottom that often breaks ..

the top pointy end is held with a metal clip .. the bottom end is a wide plastic thing that is easily broken :crybaby: