Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pillar Aerial Fitting Help

thedazman

Hey all i managed to snap my aerial clean off during the week so i aquired another one from the bay of e. Now i am having difficulty removing the old on as in it doesnt want to come out and cant see how to route the new one through to where the headunit is.

Any help would be much appreciated

thedazman

I'd assume you'd have to remove the interior pillar trim ( usually just a pry off, be gentle though ). There's usually some screws at the part where the aerial meets the pillar that'll have to come out. The new one might give you some clues as to where these may be !

Shouldn't be a bad job though.

Good luck !

I did that theres only a cable there which i can only assume runs to the back of the car for the lights and electrics at the back. It seems the aerial is actually inside the pillar itself

I changed mine yesterday. Remove the trim below steering wheel, the bit with the speaker on it. Take it out altogether give yourself more room. Then take off the small square-ish piece of trim between the door sill and the bottom of the dash. Just pulls off.

Remove the two wee screws holdin the aerial in place outside the car. Wiggle it about an you will see the aerial wire movin inside the car. When the wire comes down the A pillar below the dash it does a U turn right up to the big shiny cross bar that runs behind the dash. Run your hand up the wire to the cross bar and you will find the wire is held by one clip. Just pushes out. Easy after that.

Before you remove aerial from A pillar tie a piece of string to the end of it and pull the string up through the A pillar. You need to tie the string to the end of the new aerial to be able to pull it back down through the A pillar. Use some sellotape to tape up the end of aerial wire where its tied to the string or the wee plug will keep on catching when you try to pull it down.