Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spark Plugs

wax

hi guys!!

this might sound like a silly question..... i have a 'w' reg (2000) 1.4 vvti corolla. i was thinking of changing the spark plugs on it.. when i popped the bonnet took of the engine cover and saw where the plugs are but there are 4 square chips all connected together sort off and the plugs are under them...

how do i get to them and under them to get to the plugs :unsure:

i use to have a 94 corolla and the plugs were very straight forward.

oh yes i nearly forgot .. what are the best plugs to use

thanx guys.

don't know about how to get it out coz mine is really easy..i don't even have to take out the engine cover. just remove the bonnet, use a sparkplug socket wrench and presto!

nway...when it comes to the sparkplug, i'm currently using Bosch super 4 and it works great but that would still depend on the type of engine you have..there are long and short tip, super 4 is a short tip sparkplug. If your engine requires long tip, i suggest Denso Iridium.

It's extremely easy to do.

Remove the plastic engine cover and you'll see the four ignition coils.

There's a 10mm bolt holding the coils in place and 2 more holding the wire harness in place.

You've two choices. You can either release the coils from the loom, undo the 4 bolts and then pull them off. The alternate is release the two bolts securing the loom in place and then pull all four out whilst still attached to the loom. Doesn't really matter which way you do it, they're both dead easy. You then need a 14mm (I think) plug wrench to get the plugs themselves out. 5 Minute job tops.

They come with Bosch plugs fitted initially but any good name brand will be ok as long as it's the correct grade