Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Flat, Now Window Doesn't Work Properly

Allanon the Druid

My Battery recently started showing signs of dying so, with winter coming up, I decided to get a new one this morning. Swapped them over no problem but now my drivers side window only operates (either up or down) while I'm pressing the button, and not automagically like it used to.

As you all know, I should be able to give the button a quick press, take my finger off, and the window would carry on down to the bottom or up to the top, but since putting the new Battery on I have to keep my finger on the button.

Any ideas folks?

Cheers,

Allanon

My battery recently started showing signs of dying so, with winter coming up, I decided to get a new one this morning. Swapped them over no problem but now my drivers side window only operates (either up or down) while I'm pressing the button, and not automagically like it used to.

As you all know, I should be able to give the button a quick press, take my finger off, and the window would carry on down to the bottom or up to the top, but since putting the new battery on I have to keep my finger on the button.

Any ideas folks?

Cheers,

Allanon

Don't waste your time replying - I've just rear-ended a Focus with it in a momentary lapse of concentration as I was approaching a roundabout, so a window not working is the least of my worries now :angry::angry: I'm so !Removed! mad with myself - it's my first bump since passing my test in 1975

AAAHHHGGGG!!!!!!

Mind you, I didn't think a low-speed impact could do so much damage to an Avensis while leaving the R-reg Focus relatively unscathed. The Focus photo was taken on my mobile so it's not brilliant but the lack of damage is quite apparent :eek:

moto_0018.jpg

and now mine - or more correctly, my wife's car that I was driving:

ohdear1.jpg

Ah well, that's life, I suppose :crybaby:

Allanon

EDIT - I meant Fiesta, not Focus doh!!!

I was going to chip in with some electrical wizardry, but I'll just say 'Bugger',

Unlucky - hope everyone escaped unhurt.

Yes, thanks, all OK. I just feel such an absolute idiot :oops:

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. It's so easily done, and nobody is hurt (hopefully) so don't get too down about it.

It's crumpled 'nicely' but should repair as good as new. Good luck.

Sorry to hear about your bump mate.

I've had Battery problems too and my window has stopped AUTO operation.

Hope someone reads this so they can give me the answer

Hope everyones ok after the knock

regards

Adyb

Sorry to hear about your bump mate.

I've had battery problems too and my window has stopped AUTO operation.

Hope someone reads this so they can give me the answer

Hope everyones ok after the knock

regards

Adyb

Ignition on hold the swich in the up mode, hold for a couple of secs, you may hear it click. Do the same for window down.

I am sure with a new bumper and bonnet...

You'll be on the road in no time :)

Just a follow up - waiting to hear if the insurers (MoreTh>n) are going to write it off or not. Engineers report (from their own recommended repairers) reckons just a tad under £2,500 to fix :eek:

Try Holding the button for a few seconds while the window is both in the down position and then in the up position.Do this a few times and it should"train" the auto up down.Works on other makes.

Good luck.

You would be surprised what they can repair today. My Avensis got reversed into not once but twice by an aged gent who was deaf. The passeger door was "stoved" in and the front wing was a right mess. It came from repair as good as new.

Pleased to hear nobody was injured in your accident.

It always give you a terrible feeling after a crash. I have had two crashes one was my fault but even then a works security bloke waved me out into oncoming traffic. That was a long time ago; the more recent was the one with deaf chap he did not realise he had hit me but what was annoying denied it. I asked folk around to be witnesses all declined and said they did not see it???? His insurance coughed up in the end.

Your damage looks bad but remember the car is designed to crumble in such a way as to protect the occupants.

Hope you get it fixed soon. Argue if they try to write it off at a low value.

WOOHOO!!! :yahoo:

Just found out that they are going to repair it instead of writing it off. It must have been close, though, because they had the repair place strip the front end down and check to make sure that they hadn't missed anything and that it definitely wasn't going to cost any more than what they said.

Thanks folks, for your concerns and for the solution to the window problem, which we are now going to make use of, after all :yahoo:

Good news they are not writing it off. My wife is from Preston and it is not the best city to drive in; we go up there very occassionally. The Blackpool Road near Deepdale is very bad at times especially by the big store shopping complex.

Hope your car gets fixed soon.

Chris.

Good news they are not writing it off. My wife is from Preston and it is not the best city to drive in; we go up there very occassionally. The Blackpool Road near Deepdale is very bad at times especially by the big store shopping complex.

Hope your car gets fixed soon.

Chris.

Told you,

Its all cosmetic :D

Probably 1k in parts the rest is labour ;)

Sorry to hear of your accident. Hope she's back to A1 very soon.

Try and following and let us know how you get on B)

Hold the switch down.... when the window goes all the way down turn the ignition on and off 2 times.... hold button up and do the same with the ignition whilst holding the button.... this should reset the limit switches.