Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Landcruiser Colorado Whistle

nordic venture

i have recently got a 1997 landcruiser colorado 3ltr auto. i'm very happy with it apart from a whistling noise that sems to be coming from the front passenger footwell. it is not fan or AC related and does it whilst parked as well as driving, in all gears and neutral, hi/lo and diff lock.

i have had 4 responses from different garages;

local garage 1; don't worry it will either get better or worse then it'll be easier to trace. its not transmission

local garage 2: might be a bearing in the gearbox but might not be.

4x4 garage; quite a few colorado's do this and we've never found what causes it, but its not transmission. may be the heater matrix something vacuum related or the egr.

toyota dealer; not sure may be the EGR.

so, as you can see a mixed bag from people who don't really care. I DO HOWEVER!!!

anybody else like to throw some light on the matter? it's driving me mad.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
i have recently got a 1997 landcruiser colorado 3ltr auto. i'm very happy with it apart from a whistling noise that sems to be coming from the front passenger footwell. it is not fan or AC related and does it whilst parked as well as driving, in all gears and neutral, hi/lo and diff lock.

i have had 4 responses from different garages;

local garage 1; don't worry it will either get better or worse then it'll be easier to trace. its not transmission

local garage 2: might be a bearing in the gearbox but might not be.

4x4 garage; quite a few colorado's do this and we've never found what causes it, but its not transmission. may be the heater matrix something vacuum related or the egr.

toyota dealer; not sure may be the EGR.

so, as you can see a mixed bag from people who don't really care. I DO HOWEVER!!!

anybody else like to throw some light on the matter? it's driving me mad.

thanks

Hi, I'm new in here, and for that LC colorado ( prado ) whistle problem...it is easy to repair and only cost u to buy a soap to clean your hand if u know how to open a valve using a 17mm box socket. don send to garage to check anymore, wasting money..let me know if the problem still unsolved till now. i'll post here then.. cheer.

• 3 months later...

hi i had a whistling on my 97 3.0ltr colorado it turned out to be a valve that screws on top of the diesel pump it took me 2 min to sort it and a couple of pounds it might be the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same problem with my 3ltr Colorado. Could you please let me know how I can resolve it.

Regards,

DJ

Hi,

I have the same problem with my 3ltr Colorado. Could you please let me know how I can resolve it.

Regards,

DJ

it is as they mention, take off the return valve and diamantle it u will see a spring pressing the ball bearing inside, just simply pull the spring a bit and fix it back..viola everything solved with no cost but DIY.

Hi,

Regards,

DJ

it is as they mention, take off the return valve and diamantle it u will see a spring pressing the ball bearing inside, just simply pull the spring a bit and fix it back..viola everything solved with no cost but DIY.

Hi,

Has anyone got a pic of the return valve or its location please :thumbsup:

It's all listed on the tlocuk site http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.p...ghlight=whistle no pictures though.
Thanks for the Andy :thumbsup:

Hi All,

Well i did the spring stretch thing and would you believe it NO more whistles god i love this forum :in_love: what an helpful bunch you are hopefully there is a pic of said f.r.v :unsure: sorry about quality took it on me phone :thumbsup:

post-33495-1207683656_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links