Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4afe Turbo Kit From Usa Any Feedback

steveonagle

not hard of this yet, surely tho with any turbo conversion, either the pistons or the headgasket will have to be changed anyway with uprated injectors and ecu?? :huh::huh:

don't bother, most of these 4A-FE 'TURBO KITS' requires you to get someone to manufacture a manifold for you (whih isn't cheap) yes it can be done and many americans have done it. more power to you if you really want to go down this route, however here in the UK there isn't much to help. The 4A-FE has potential as a turbo charged powerplant, however here is a list of short comings:

1. Rods will not take a great deal of boost as they are designed for economy, the internals are lovely and lightweight that way but this makes the fragile.

2. the crankshaft has had similar treatment to ruduce its rotational load, so not too strong either.

3. the flywheel has only 6 bolts holding it to the crankshaft, great for its current power output but Forced induction will sheer them right off (slight exaguration :unsure: ) all the 4A-GE's and the GZE had 8 bolts, this is the minimum for safe running after modifying your engine.

4. the pistons are also not to great, forged would be a good choice but they don't make 4A-FE pistons cheap (and you can only buy them from america!)

Not to mention that'll you need to get a custom ECU, new injectors, fuel pump, etc.

if you manage to rectify all these minor short coming you'll have a half decent reliable 4A-FTE. it is far cheaper to purchade and install a second hand 4A-GE 20V. if you really want to do it though, i wish you the best of luck, i tried but have now decided on an alternative route and i'm working on building a very powerful 4A-FE N/A these are the specs i hope to be running by the end of next year:

180-200 bhp

between 8,500 and 9,500 rpm redline

this is going to be acheived by replacing all those short comings i listed above, and running seriously agressive cams with individual throttle bodies :D