Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smoked/tinted Rear Lights

simyaris

Hey

Was wondering if anyone has smoked there back lights

I'm Going for a Black and Red Theme on my car

Think i am gonna do it tomorrow, i'll post some pics up. Wanna see what you think.

Sim

:drool:

Hey

Was wondering if anyone has smoked there back lights

I'm Going for a Black and Red Theme on my car

Think i am gonna do it tomorrow, i'll post some pics up. Wanna see what you think.

Sim

:drool:

I was looking on eBay a while ago and someone had some really nice mirror smoothe black smoked lenses for a Yaris. I didn't win the bid but the people said they can do them for people for around £70 if you send them, inlcuding return post. They did look good, not just home sprayed. (I tried doing indicators and they went horrid). Got some of them on eBay, though.

If you are interested, I will try to find out the sellers adress/details for you. Otherwise, you can buy some off eBay, from Germany, that are a light tint but you can still see the light pattern.

I have some tinted rear lights from german eBay smoothed black, most recent mod so havent got pics up yet, at uni at the moment and camera is at home so will post pic this weekend, woody tinted his rear lights red so could give him a PM!

Tinted today and i also tinted the side repeaters.

06112007464.jpg

06112007463.jpg

Then thinking of getting some black Rota alloys 16" and TEIN lowering springs as i can't afford the coilovers

look something like this on my car

yairs.jpg

Oppinions Please

Thanks

Never been a fan of tinting lights, but did you spray them with laquer?

If not you might want to do quite a few coats as they look very flat.

Tinted today and i also tinted the side repeaters.

06112007464.jpg

06112007463.jpg

Then thinking of getting some black Rota Alloys 16" and TEIN lowering springs as i can't afford the coilovers

yairs.jpg

Oppinions Please

Thanks

Talking about the alloys, it looks good, but that photoshopped pic look more like 17-18's to me

P.S. Make sure you get 4 stud alloys, not 5 :P

Yeah they look nothing like mine, need to be more smooth/reflective to work the tinting well, try the laquer!

Then thinking of getting some black Rota Alloys 16" and TEIN lowering springs as i can't afford the coilovers

yairs.jpg

Oppinions Please

Thanks

love Rota alloys ;)

though those look a bit big lol

and you yaris wont last very long without any front brakes :lol:

Thanks for the opinions :D

Will try a few more coats of laquer

Just realised it looks a bit dotty compared to the side repeaters

Oh n it was only a quick photoshop :P

Sim

:thumbsup:

why did you go to the effort of removing all the badges to paint them black and then put them back on?? id have left them off lol

I have some tinted rear lights from german ebay smoothed black, most recent mod so havent got pics up yet, at uni at the moment and camera is at home so will post pic this weekend, woody tinted his rear lights red so could give him a PM!

What was the seller called, if you can remember.?

Dunno as it was more than 60 days ago i bought them (shipping took an age!), i think i have a receipt from him back home so ill try and find it tmoz for you!

Well back home and gave car quick wash as hadnt been done for 6 weeks since been at uni

DSCF0040.jpg

Kinda lost the light but you get the idea, perfect mirror finish

Well back home and gave car quick wash as hadnt been done for 6 weeks since been at uni

DSCF0040.jpg

Kinda lost the light but you get the idea, perfect mirror finish

Looks nice! But will it pass a MOT? I think that it would fail here in Sweden.

Will pass MOT as its tinted plastic and not spray on, so same amount of light can shine through (Facts from website)

So hopefully!

By looking at it its seems like the same brightness, not dull like the rear lights of my local boy racers!

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

Will pass MOT as its tinted plastic and not spray on, so same amount of light can shine through (Facts from website)

So hopefully!

By looking at it its seems like the same brightness, not dull like the rear lights of my local boy racers!

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

Cant quite see the headlights. Are they angel-eyes? BTY, does your boot spoiler touch the rear bodywork? I have one on my car and it has slowley removed some of the paint where it touches, when I shut the boot. I am unsure as to whether there should be little pads, like on wardrobe doors, etc, to stop this happening or if 'They all do that, mister'!

There are problems with the rear spoilers of yaris's and some people have had a problem with the paint being removed, mine has little pads to stop it touching.

Headlights are angel eye projectors !

Yeah those ones adam has are just standards been tinted with LOADS of laquer. I think it looks better if you get a set of lexus lights, then spray the bits i tinted black and then laquer it loads. That way it costs a lot less (i bought lexus lights second hand £20 plus £10 tinting spray plus £5 laquer (i didn't laquer mine)) and imo also looks better as the untinted bits are clear and there is no cut off like there is for that where the indicator meets the fog/reverse.

There are problems with the rear spoilers of yaris's and some people have had a problem with the paint being removed, mine has little pads to stop it touching.

Headlights are angel eye projectors !

Do you find they give out more or less light then standard, or about the same?

About the same mate, think they were a good buy aswell as they are a straight fit as they are standard toyota lights!

Thanks for all the opinions

YarisSRkid wher'd you get the plastic covers from?

It looks alot better than mine even after i laquered mine more

Sim B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links