Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Corolla E10

Saur

Hey.. im new to this jus wonderin if ya can help me out!

i got a couple things in mind..

my gauge does nt have a rev counter.. if i pick 1 up from a scrapyard.. n i changed it would there be an xtra plug for it to work?

i want to speed up my 1.3 gs rolla so do u think i should put an induction kit on? that would mean i would have to get a performance exhaust system right!? (which used cheap system do u think would fit my car)

help me out im new to da fun of cars!

if u get the rite induction kit it will free sum horse's out of that lil 1.3 exhaust will also let the engine breath more freely choosing the right ones is the hardist thing stainless full system exhaust would probly b best instead of just choppin ur rear can of n puttin a universel thing on witch alot of young drivers do and probs k&n or pipercross would b a good place to look for an induction kit

but once uve cort the tuning bug ..its an expensive desease u havebeen warned :rolleyes:

:edit : welcome to the club btw

Hey.. im new to this jus wonderin if ya can help me out!

i got a couple things in mind..

my gauge does nt have a rev counter.. if i pick 1 up from a scrapyard.. n i changed it would there be an xtra plug for it to work?

i want to speed up my 1.3 gs rolla so do u think i should put an induction kit on? that would mean i would have to get a performance exhaust system right!? (which used cheap system do u think would fit my car)

help me out im new to da fun of cars!

Hi and welcome.

Can't help you with the rev counter but I'm sure there is a thread about it on here somewhere - try the search facility - it should pull up something for you.

As for the 1.3 4e-fe engine - Toyota designed it as an efficient engine - not for power and you will struggle to get much more power out of it. An induction kit and exhaust will sound nice but beware of loosing torque in the lower rev range - inless you want to rev the nuts off it everywhere you drive :lol:

I've been in touch with K&N and all you can get for this is a replacement filter to go inside the box! I have the XLi, lol

i've not thought about the exhaust but aslong as it doesn't hammer your insurance go for it! lol

( my gauge does nt have a rev counter.. if i pick 1 up from a scrapyard.. n i changed it would there be an xtra plug for it to work? )

There is no extra plug, just unplug the instrument cluster you have and plug in one you get from the scrappy and everything will work fine. All the wiring is already fitted to the loom and the plugs at the back of the instrument cluster are the same............... so all you have to do is plug in the new set and you have a fully working rev counter......

i have a 1.8 though, would it work on a 1.3?

A buddy of mine put in a set from a 1.8 gxi into a 1.3 and everything worked ok......... that was a while back but i presume all is still ok with them........ i know for certain that that the plugs on the back are the exact same and it will plug straight in...

Ive put in a set from a kudos corolla ( white dials with rev counter ) into a xli myself before and everything worked fine.

wow cheers dude, may look at this then, lol what about the milage? does the counter stay the same or do you have to ***** about with it?

• 2 weeks later...

just curious...

is rev counter the same as the tachometer? cause that's what we install here if the car dash doesn't have it.

There's a digital and analog tachometer. So if you're into racing, you can install the one which lights up when your car reaches the rev limit for a specific gear. This way you can shift gears before your engine blows... :)

wow cheers dude, may look at this then, lol what about the milage? does the counter stay the same or do you have to ***** about with it?

Whatever is on the set you are putting in you will have to stick with unless you know someone that can turn the mileage back ( or forward for that matter ) as you will have to take the insrument cluster apart to do it......... i wouldnt tamper with it unless you had a good idea of what to do..............

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links